Kylo Ren Fabric

- - - Updated - - -

and Finally Number 3 which I feel like it might be the winner for me unless I find something better yes this is the fuzzy ond and you can really see the fuzz on the pic i think but the texture seem to be dead on almost

View attachment 557862View attachment 557861View attachment 557859View attachment 557860View attachment 557863

Can you give me some info on this fabric, please? Material type, name, etc. It kind of looks like some chenille I found on eBay. I got a sample swatch of it in silver, but haven't tried dyeing it yet. Thanks, Brian.

more.jpg

Looks like 1970 year pattern, lol

Can you give me some info on this fabric, please? Material type, name, etc. It kind of looks like some chenille I found on eBay. I got a sample swatch of it in silver, but haven't tried dyeing it yet. Thanks, Brian.

I believe it is Chenille. the fabric is for outdoor use or Upholstery it is a very hard fabric I found this fabric in Downtown LA where I live and they sell it for $13 per yard i believe..
I know the fabric will not probably sit on a body the way the actual garment in the movie sits because of its coarseness of the fabric

hope that helps

For anyone interested in how much to order....

I got my suit built by Cantina Costumes in the UK, I'm 6'5 (189cm) and they used 9 of the 12 yards that I ordered. It's always better to have move vs less, but unless you're taller then me, you're not likely to need any more vs 9-10 yards. Unless you mess something up that is.

I assume there are some people that by now have received the fabric from sniper9 's custom runs. Can anybody post a picture of it used in their Kylo Ren cape?
And has anybody already tried coating the fabric? (for the glossy effect)

I moved ordering and distribution to cosplayfabrics.com from now they will be running future orders however i'm still involved !

I moved ordering and distribution to cosplayfabrics.com from now they will be running future orders however i'm still involved !

Awesome for you mate! Was going to contact you about this, but here we are! Been on the site, but obviously don't see a link or anything... is this just being handled through their "info@" email?? Should I tell them "Luke Sent Me" ??? :p

I have heard through the grape vine that the folks at cosplayfabrics are currently looking into coating options domestically for the fabric. So we will have to wait and see if they launch without the coating, or with.

Hi -

I can't find the fabric anywhere on cosplayfacrics.com ... how can I make an order from them?

Many thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction...

I've seen people talk about using bed sheets, I'm not sure how you attach more than one together though. I've got very little experience working with fabric.

Luke, maybe it's been asked before, but if I want the outer fabric only to make a bust, how many yards you reckon I'll need?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back