Leo's Diagostini Falcon

Leonidas280

All,

First off, thank you for all of the references over the past several years. I could not have done it without you guys posting various reference pics and progress threads. I was apprehensive to actually end this journey, as I learned a lot from the processes involved. I enjoyed it. Bone stock Diagostini Falcon. Well, as a long-time lurker of all of the RPF forums, here is my falcon. Colors are a bit toned down in reality versus the pictures, but I'm happy with it. Took me a while to find a suitable base. Combo of base colors being enamels and top colors/weathering being acrylics. Basecoat was a custom mix I made based off references here. Base is a 30"x40" slab of MDF with various casted Death Star panels I found on Ebay, 63 of them. Painted the rest of the base with some leftover paint found at home depot, almost matches my dining room. Internally mounted a projector mount, happy to share which one, cut part of the mounting pieces in half, then elevated it with a PVC pipe. Painted to match the base.

Don't worry my wife wants it moved out of the dining room.

Please let me know if you want any other details or close ups of areas you might not be able to find readily. Or more pics for that matter.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20191027_140431-1.jpg
    20191027_140431-1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 385
Pics can be decieving. At first glance it looks too clean but if you put it side by side with the orginial with the same lighting, it could be spot on. Trust your eyes and walk away from it for a few months. Your brain will tell you what needs to be fixed. Mine is a big box at the moment. But we know what needs attention when we get to our new workshop. I need to do so washing ans scraping with a razor followed up with some flat black. The flat black was something i avoided during the build because I was afraid of 'over weathering'. This bird is like a recipe that needs ingredients added a little bit over time to get just right.

Of all the models Ive done over the years, this is the one to get all the ingredients and a few new techniques like splattering. She is a fun build though right?

She's a blast to build and paint. Thanks Lear. Hope one day to see the original and adust dark and light colors and weathering from there! I didn't want to overdo the first stages of the process ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back