Let's Build Greeblie Pack #12 - A Skyhopper Group Build

Assembly Note: It appears the orientation of the panel lines on parts A5 and A6 (the side panels) should be flipped from left to right. See below

Eaton.jpg

Jason Eaton

Studio model.jpg

Studio Model - Colin Cantwell

Orientation.jpg

Last edited:
Got my kit yesterday - It is AWESOME! No way I'm staring this now, but it does look like a very nice kit, and I would be keen to get my hands on a brass stand if they become available. I hate this spaceship design but love this model on so many levels that it doesn't matter -- I love that it's the Colin Cantwell design, love that Luke "plays with a model" in the movie Star Wars, which introduced me to model-building, and love that this is the little T-16 skyhopper that he used to bullseye womp rats back home when discussing how easy it will be to hit the small thermal port at the end of the Death Star trench run. This is the most Wizard of Oz element of the film for me, and seems inspired by the moment when Dorothy says "There's no place like home!" Luke becomes a man by becoming a child again, and trusting the Force (via the voice of Ben Kenobi) instead of his targeting computer, and the eternal 9-year old in me suspects this is precisely the necessity to have the faith of a child.

So maybe I will build it immediately, after all... it can't be as hard as a 5-foot Falcon!!!

Got my kit yesterday - It is AWESOME! No way I'm staring this now, but it does look like a very nice kit, and I would be keen to get my hands on a brass stand if they become available. I hate this spaceship design but love this model on so many levels that it doesn't matter -- I love that it's the Colin Cantwell design, love that Luke "plays with a model" in the movie Star Wars, which introduced me to model-building, and love that this is the little T-16 skyhopper that he used to bullseye womp rats back home when discussing how easy it will be to hit the small thermal port at the end of the Death Star trench run. This is the most Wizard of Oz element of the film for me, and seems inspired by the moment when Dorothy says "There's no place like home!" Luke becomes a man by becoming a child again, and trusting the Force (via the voice of Ben Kenobi) instead of his targeting computer, and the eternal 9-year old in me suspects this is precisely the necessity to have the faith of a child.

So maybe I will build it immediately, after all... it can't be as hard as a 5-foot Falcon!!!

Thats allot of love. I think most of us here feel a similar attachment to the movies. Good stuff.

Possibly this shot will help inspire you to start building.

16573333043_7e80d718c4_c.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome to the club!

Just got my kit as well and looking forward to the brass stand - great addition and a much appreciated effort!

Sorry to hear of the hand surgery issues/ordeal, Jason - hope you're able to recover quickly and well...

Dan

The brass is being machined now, so stands should be available within a month. I have hand surgery #5 on the 11th, so I may be slow with packing LOL. I'll post a link when they are ready.
Jason, also wishing you the best for this surgery! I hope it provides some relief and more freedom of movement if at all possible!

Assembly Note: After attaching B1 (The Crusader body) but before attaching part A12 (a side body panel). You may want to cut and slide in a 2mm thick piece of Styrene. This strip glues to the front of B1 (see below). Also there seems to be a small notch cut out of this piece on the front right side. I used a panel line scribe to dig this out. The notch didn't show on my photo, so I had to outline it here. But this piece and the notch show nicely on the Studio model photo below.

2mm Stirp.jpg

20221104_161328.jpg

127.jpg

Studio Model

Last edited:
Continuing on, I've completed most of the main assemblies and it's time to move on to the fun stuff. The Greeblies.

I also went ahead and quickly assembled the resin stand that came with the kit. It should make a great mount for the ship while painting.

Main assemblies 1.jpg

Main assemblies 2.jpg

20221105_144739.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back