Oh that's a hard one to pick! I'll have to respond once I finish the pieces I have planned. Once they are done I'll be able to properly decide. Honestly the fact that I have any of it is pretty sweet!

This is from way back in 1978 when I was 12:

5D3_1714_small.jpg

Dan

I didn't bite earlier because I was having a similar problem narrowing it down. I do have to ask... for favorite prop or costume, d'you mean to have/wear? Or to see on screen or in exhibits? 'Cause my answer will vary, depending.

Proudest thing I own? Toss-up between some of the original dosimeters that we're used for the Imperial officers' code cylinders, an APH-6B flight helmet, and a WWII vintage Navy talker helmet. Not so much props as the bases of props...

As for earliest swag...? Probably my much-read and falling-apart Star Wars storybook.

My mom found a box full of my vintage Star Wars stuff that apparently she's had since I left for basic training in 1998. I might be getting it this weekend, fingers crossed. I have no idea what is in there. My ex ended up with the rest of my collection when we split back in '07. So all I have is what I've accumulated since.

So it's hard to say what I have had the longest.

I stupidly gave away my vintage toys when I was 10 because I thought I was too old for them.
Same here. Sold them in a garage sale, and made $10 to spend on I-can't-even-remember-what. I regret that decision so much.

What's the one piece in your collection you can't believe you're lucky enough to have?
My full-sized Darth Vader on a mannequin that we keep in the living room, and the wife that's on-board with having it there. It's the culmination of a childhood dream. :lol:

Hey guys I just want to say, thanks for coming by and sharing all this amazing stuff! I know we don't always see eye to eye on alot of Star Wars. So keep on sharing, I love hearing and seeing you "old" guys talk about Star Wars. I am for better or for worse a product of the Special Editions. So it's so cool to glimpse what Star Wars was for people back then!

Keeping my fingers crossed, I've got a bid on the four foot tall Darth Vader figure. I think it's a Jakks Pacific. I've seen them on ebay for well over a hundred bucks. If I win it I'll let you all know what I got it for.
Only Vader bigger would be a full sized costume displayed on a mannequin. My smallest Vader is about a half inch tall.

I've also got the 31 inch Jakks Vader. Don't have the second hand with the light saber, though.

What everyone's favorite costume by trilogy? For me, it would be Qui-Gon's robes, they seem to be most Samurai and Kurosawa inspired. Then Luke's simple black tunic and pants from ROTJ. And from the sequels it's would have to be Ben's from TLJ, though the TFA version looks good, I like that open cape that just sits on the shoulders.
Han's Empire Strikes Back outfit, the jacket is so much cooler and practical then the vest.

I miss SW games.

I would love a KOTOR, galaxies or action RPG style SW game by Rockstar. More RDR than GTA...but a mix of the two would work...

What's your favorite prop from the series?

PT: Obi-Wan TPM costume and Qui-Gon’s saber.

ANH: Obi-wan’s saber/ Han’s Hero blaster
ESB: Luke ESB/Han Hoth
ROTJ: V2/ Han

Rogue One: Jyn’s Blaster

ST: nothing stands out to me. Maybe Poe’s rifle from the beginning of TFA. And his orange and black flight helmet.

I would love a KOTOR, galaxies or action RPG style SW game by Rockstar. More RDR than GTA...but a mix of the two would work...

PT: Obi-Wan TPM costume and Qui-Gon’s saber.

ANH: Obi-wan’s saber/ Han’s Hero blaster
ESB: Luke ESB/Han Hoth
ROTJ: V2/ Han

Rogue One: Jyn’s Blaster

ST: nothing stands out to me. Maybe Poe’s rifle from the beginning of TFA. And his orange and black flight helmet.

Oh I'd forgotten about Jyn's blaster. The P-08 Luger has such a cool shape.

It's actually the 3rd Star Wars blaster based on the Luger

Concept from 1313
1383049725-star-wars-1313-mentor-blaster-jpg.jpg

And Slothfurnace's SWTOR blaster
holsters_02.jpg

I think one of the coolest thing about the guns from the ST. Is that they used many modern guns like the G-36C for the EL-16. The Sig P226 for the Gile-44. And a Glock with carbine a MOD for the SE-44C. Kinda makes me wish they had use WW1 era guns for some the PT stuff.

I wish I still had my vintage 12” figures. I had Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, Vader, and a Boba Fett. Those were from 79/80 I think. I still have an R2 but it was a replacement. Also I cannot remember what they called them but the big sabers we had in 80/83. I went through 2 or 3 of those as a kid. They had the plastic thing in them that run up and down the tube to make sounds.

Also how many of you took you dads screwdriver out to the telephone guide wire to smack it and make blaster sounds? Years later to find out that was what the sound actually was or mixed from is pretty cool.

Oh I'd forgotten about Jyn's blaster. The P-08 Luger has such a cool shape.

It's actually the 3rd Star Wars blaster based on the Luger

Concept from 1313
View attachment 985310

And Slothfurnace's SWTOR blaster
View attachment 985311

I think one of the coolest thing about the guns from the ST. Is that they used many modern guns like the G-36C for the EL-16. The Sig P226 for the Gile-44. And a Glock with carbine a MOD for the SE-44C. Kinda makes me wish they had use WW1 era guns for some the PT stuff.

I’m not sure what it is, but I’m not a big fan of modern weapons being used. Maybe they’re more identifiable to me, but it just doesn’t work well. The evolution of the E-11, I get but still don’t really like the result.

I do agree with you on the PT weapons should’ve been older. Could’ve had even more variety or spruced up the ole broomhandle mausers, Sterlings, etc.

I still want to see a BAR being used OT-ish as maybe a heavy repeater though or squad weapon though.

I’m not sure what it is, but I’m not a big fan of modern weapons being used. Maybe they’re more identifiable to me, but it just doesn’t work well. The evolution of the E-11, I get but still don’t really like the result.

I do agree with you on the PT weapons should’ve been older. Could’ve had even more variety or spruced up the ole broomhandle mausers, Sterlings, etc.

I still want to see a BAR being used OT-ish as maybe a heavy repeater though or squad weapon though.

A Star Wars'd BAR would be so very cool. I'd also love to see a Thompson SMG Star Wars'd.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back