Lightsaber finish?

Johannes

Hello! Its my first post here and i hope this is the right section!

So ive been working on my first lightsaber build (obiwan ep1) and i am nearing completion but As you can see on the images it scratches very fast from just having it lying around (its 6060 aluminiuml. So my question would be, what do you guys use to make your lightsabers more scratch resistant? Anodize them? Or just handle them with more care? Or something else?

Attachments

• 20240330_085038.jpg
    20240330_085038.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
  • 20240330_085025.jpg
    20240330_085025.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
I have a few comments…

1) using one of those maroon scrubby pads will blend the machined finish and make scratches less noticeable… more accurate to the hero prop before it was high polished for the closeup at the end

2) a good coating of Renaissance wax or old school caranuba wax (same white color) and both of these are clear. After letting it dry and buffing it with a rag it leaves a good protective mildly hard surface for display!

3) I handle my props a lot, it brings me joy and it is an interesting way to bring accurate weathering and stuff, and they can take it, the metal and plastic ones haha

I use autosol metal polish, it has a wax in it that will hide the very minor stuff, and protect from oxidation, much like the waxes thd9791 recommends.

I also think handling metal props adds a little natural weathering/authenticity.

Your finish looks fine to me, I like the wear

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back