Lorne Peterson Lecture Friday Night 4/8

TheRealMcFly

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone,

This is going down this Friday night at the Franklin Institute Science Museum in Philadelphia:

http://www2.fi.edu/visitor-guide/events/special-events.php#scifi

Its about half-way down the page.

Mods, any chance for a sticky?

Lorne Peterson - Sculpting a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars Model Shop.
Friday, April 11th

Lorne Peterson, visual effects artist for the entire Star Wars saga as well as many other films, including Indiana Jones, Men in Black and ET – gives an inside look at the science and secrets behind the artful models and sculptures of the Star Wars saga. Peterson uses everyday items to demonstrate the important role both chemistry and physics play in creating the amazing visual effects seen on screen. Book signing to follow of Sculpting a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars Model Shop.

7:30pm lecture & demonstration in Franklin Theater, 8:30pm book signing in Planetarium Hall.

Admission is $5.00. Free for members and those with evening of Star Wars tickets. Please call 214.448.1254 for advance reservations.

I met him at C4 and when I mentioned Raiders of the Lost Ark his face lit up. He seemed bored ( I could be wrong ) talking non-stop about Star Wars, but he seemed to want to talk about Raiders, which was cool to me. Real nice guy too.
518922330_5d124139a5.jpg

I'll be there working the show.

If anyone decides to go, just look for the short skinny dude wearting the Zissou sneakers. I'll probably be running around trying to get the Theater to work right.

Apparently Lorne was the one who built the Jedi Training Remote.

As for any huge reveals I don't think so... I'm out of the loop as studio scale goes. While Lorne told me the JTR was either primer or reefer white I doubt any of that is news to you guys. Though, if you do have a chance to meet him he does remember a great amount of detail.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back