lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

awesome build!

did you find your octopus fishing lures yet?
Octopus_Fishing_Lure_Skirt.jpg

awesome build!

View attachment 176219

i've found the yellow/green one. i order a 9" one, but it's not long enough so i'm getting a 12" one. the orange/blue is an IMPOSSIBLE color combination to find believe it or not! who would've thought that fishing lures would be the most difficult part of this jacket, lol. i've gotten to the point of asking a movie FX artist friend of mine if he could mold me some custom ones in the correct colors and lengths. if that proves to be a dead end, i'll probably have to just suck it up and go with an all orange one. i've thought about getting a orange AND a blue, cutting them in half and silicone gluing them together, but i don't know if it'd look too good. there's an area where the colors kinda cross over each other...:facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

awesome build!

View attachment 176219

and another problem with the lures is... for the most part, most places that have a wider variety in colors are wholesale only... GRRR!!!!!!!

Awesome work, man!

My younger self is officially jealous. I wanted a jacket like that sooooo bad when I was in high school and saw that movie!

All the words in a thesaurus can not describe the ultimate awesomeness of that jacket. It inst amazing, its amazingly amazing!

Are you going to put together the rest of the costume?

i want to. i'd really like to put together a whole group together! just don't know if i'd do it normal or vamped out. i have an "eye" thing and i don't know if i can put the vamped out contacts in, lol. that really the only thing holding me back from going vamped. markos gloves seem like they might be a bit tricky. they have that weird cuff part around the wrist. but count on seeing a group at some point. glad you dig the jacket

Re: his gloves, they're pretty simple leather motorcycle gauntlets with some missing fingertips :)

I can't wait to see a whole group put together!

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw the pics with Alex Winter, that is SO cool! I take it he was impressed by your handywork.

Love this thread, your jacket turned out amazing. Started working on the jacket myself. I've only managed to get the Matador tapestry (Which apparently my grandparents had alot of and used to throw out!) and the 13 skull, eagle, and winged wheel patches. Still waiting for the other tapestries to pop up somewhere, I've seen a few old etsy ads with these, mainly the peacock. The women both look like towels rather than tapestries, could be wrong, either way I've been unable to find anything on them.

Every time I see this one it reminds me of slave leia haha.
lostboys_jacket_4.jpg

slave_leia_image_carrie_fisher_s.jpg

The blonde girl with the red background on the front, anyone know what shes holding? Snake? Eel? Can't tell.

Last edited:
Love this thread, your jacket turned out amazing. Started working on the jacket myself. I've only managed to get the Matador tapestry (Which apparently my grandparents had alot of and used to throw out!) and the 13 skull, eagle, and winged wheel patches. Still waiting for the other tapestries to pop up somewhere, I've seen a few old etsy ads with these, mainly the peacock. The women both look like towels rather than tapestries, could be wrong, either way I've been unable to find anything on them.

Every time I see this one it reminds me of slave leia haha.
http://www.propstore.com/img/products/1338/lostboys_jacket_4.jpg

http://collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Star_Wars_/slave_leia_image_carrie_fisher_s.jpg

The blonde girl with the red background on the front, anyone know what shes holding? Snake? Eel? Can't tell.

it's a snake. i believe the lady on the back is cut from a canvas painting, from the fraying on the edges. the front doesn't LOOK to be canvas. but i just had mine painted on canvas. if you'd like, i could put you in touch with my friend who painted mine to see if she'd be willing to paint another for your jacket. let me know. ALSO i just scored a correct colored cheetah tapestry from leopardladylounge.com as stated earlier in the thread, at the time all i could find with the cat facing the right direction has a slight variance in color. the spots on the grass were more orange than green. so i now have the pieces from the first tapestry i'd be willing to part with if you need for your jacket, if you can't find any. PM me if interested and i can send you pics of the pieces. will update this thread with the new correct tapestry soon. basically had to take HALF the jacket apart and haven't finished putting all the patches back on. let me know!

see the color difference on the new CORRECT tapestry?

this shows how i made the collar portion. simple strip cut from a black bandana. templates for the repeating pattern cut out of painters tape and painted on with fabric paint. these pics are older and before i revised it. i painted the white stripes (hahaha, lol see what i did there) too thick and had to make them smaller with black paint. but you get the idea...

it's a snake. i believe the lady on the back is cut from a canvas painting, from the fraying on the edges. the front doesn't LOOK to be canvas. but i just had mine painted on canvas. if you'd like, i could put you in touch with my friend who painted mine to see if she'd be willing to paint another for your jacket. let me know. ALSO i just scored a correct colored cheetah tapestry from leopardladylounge.com as stated earlier in the thread, at the time all i could find with the cat facing the right direction has a slight variance in color. the spots on the grass were more orange than green. so i now have the pieces from the first tapestry i'd be willing to part with if you need for your jacket, if you can't find any. PM me if interested and i can send you pics of the pieces. will update this thread with the new correct tapestry soon. basically had to take HALF the jacket apart and haven't finished putting all the patches back on. let me know!

Could be a print, it just looks very matte/flat and has been used for the other jackets aswell. I was thinking about getting the back piece printed onto fabric such as canvas or hemp, I 'repaired' the hole in the back using GIMP and tried fixed the slight perspective distortion since it isn't completely flat to the camera. It's okay but I wish I had photoshop on this PC, much easier to use. Only thing is they require a minimum DPI of 150. Whatever that means.
Nice find on the leopard!! Did you hand sew the tapestries on? I'm going to keep searching hoping that the right one comes up, I have no deadline for this, YET. But if I can't find it I'll take you up on that offer, thanks!

Thanks for the info on the collar btw, was wondering about that haha.

Heres the 'repaired' image.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back