Luka Megurine Headphones and Arm Panel

DarkJedi1500

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One night a friend and I were talking about what she should wear to Dragon*Con. She is really into anime and I was recently introduced to Vocaloids, which are digital pop stars. After suggesting she go as Luka Megurine, I offered to make the headphones and forearm display while she foucuses on the dress.

_luka1.jpg

I started by making positives for both pieces using balsa. The ear piece is shapped around a piece of 2" PVC so I get a nice, symetric curve.

DSCF1444.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

Details were then added to the ear piece with thin strips of balsa and glazing putty. The piece is gold but I decided to paint the positive jellow just to see what it would look like. This piece will be molded and cast, then the casting will be refined into the right and left piece and molded again so the final product will be fiberglass resin.

DSCF1451.jpg

DSCF1492.jpg

For the arm piece I put indentations in for where the display and speaker/mic will go. I still need to add the calculator buttons but this piece is almost ready for molding as well.

DSCF1487.jpg

DSCF1489.jpg

For the head band I found one with the right shape at JCPenny. I need to remove the fabric, but it will work very well for this project.

DSCF1399.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back