Luke V2 Stainless Steel

michaelmercury

Hey everyone so I thought of this idea for a Luke V2. An all stainless steel hilt. The body, pommel, nipple, emitter, everything completely stainless steel. One piece except the pommel is removable of course, and the emitter, which is also one piece, except for the removable nipple, unscrews from the neck at the little groove in the neck of the emitter just to allow the graflex clamp to go on easier. And the inside diameter is only like 1/2 an inch to 3/4 of an inch. Can you imagine a V2 like that? Strong, durable, heavy, stainless steel. Practically solid construction right there. I’ve thought of stainless steel and the whole hilt like this because for me I like my OG trilogy sabers especially to feel like solid construction. Like a real weapon and I honestly thought it sounded cool and like a great idea. My only problem is I’m not a machinist or an artist so I wouldn’t know how to draw it up or anything like that

There was a run made from actual steel, I guess for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not sure if a stainless steel was ever made.
It would certainly look very cool. That being said I wouldn't try my hand at this personally as stainless steel is so hard on the tooling.

There was a run made from actual steel, I guess for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not sure if a stainless steel was ever made.
It would certainly look very cool. That being said I wouldn't try my hand at this personally as stainless steel is so hard on the tooling.
I know Roman Props is made out of steel. Not stainless steel, but I know Stainless Steel is more stronger than steel and it doesn’t rust that’s the only thing that shies me away from the Roman props version cuz of the rusting. And I just honestly thought an all stainless steel hilt would’ve been a great idea

I have a Roman's steel and they rust pretty quick. Stainless would be cool, but really expensive. And how corrosion resistant the stainless steel is depends on which type of stainless you use.

I honestly didn’t think about that, so I looked it up and I would say 316 stainless steel would be best as it has a higher corrosion resistance and I remember emailing Roman before about why he went with steel instead of stainless steel and he said it would be more expensive
I have a Roman's steel and they rust pretty quick. Stainless would be cool, but really expensive. And how corrosion resistant the stainless steel is depends on which type of stainless you use

If you want to dent the emmitter accurately, I suggest making the lip out of aluminum.
Yes I am aware of this as I know stainless steel is a much more harder and stronger metal than aluminum so denting it wouldn’t be as easy as it would be denting aluminum and it wouldn’t look as good either

My boss scrapped some old thick walled 316 stainless tube the other week. Would have been perfect for something like this but at the time I was hesitant to ask for some as my build is going to use Titanium eventually probably would have let me have it for free too, I really need to act on my impulses more and hoard materials

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back