Lukes macros (Eumig Servomatic)

TK-4140

Hey all,

sorry to start that tread once again but in the old treads I found not all infos that I need so I start that one here again. O.K. I got in a trade a Eumig Servomatic and also Russreps lensplate. So what do I need more to change the Eumig into Lukes macros??? Which kaligar lenses are the correct ones and which knobes do I need on the Eumig base? Please all infos would be welcome oh and pics also please because what I see helps me much more to understand lol.

Greetings Guido

Last edited:
My memory is a bit sketchy but i believe you need two grey kaligar 6x60 medium format cameras for the lenses, lens rings, little chrome knobs and the viewer.

Also there's the large vertical knurled knob from a Seagul medium format camera and the centre bar from a Bell & Howell 220. Thanks to Howard and Killdozer for this info :)

Get all these and you're on your way to a super accurate replica!

The belt attachment is just sheet metal as can be seen in the press stills (although these are of the stunt macros).

There is still the rectangular box on one side which has not been identified and is likely cobbled together from leftover parts of the Eumig and other cameras.

I don't know if the knobs had been 100% identified, but I believe the ones kurtyboy listed make a damn fine close enough at least.

The lenses are 80mm f/2.8 kalimar 660s. Being that the camera rarely ever comes up on ebay and when they do, they generally go upwards of $300 apiece (you'll need two to get both lenses), you might be better off seeing if anyone has the resin copies that were made back when the macros were the prop to make.

You'll also need the viewing hood from one of the kalimars and modify it to fit the eumig. There's been varying theories as to how the viewer attached to the eumig, but none have been 100% verified. You'll also need the 4 black knobs that would come off the 2 kalimars. And you'll have to fabricate a belt clip system of some sort. I'm still missing that part from mine.

-Fred

Hey again,

ty very much kurtyboy & Gigatron for your answears till now. Man it looks as I got once again a very expensive prokjekt on my table lol.

So anyone out there who has a 2nd. viewer hood from a kaligar that he would not need anymore???

Or maybe anyone who has some spare knobs from a kaligar or the large vertical knurled knob from a Seagul that he would not need longer than please let me know.

Greetings Guido

@kurtyboy,

sorry Markus one question to you directly. Here in the pic you see at the top right side the Bell & Howell 220 you talked about. What is the part that I exactly need from that camera?

806e_1.jpg

Greetings Guido

The dark red bar on the large dial. Although it hasn't and will probably never be confirmed, the combination of this bar and the large dial from the Seagul MFT cameras look perfect.

The Macro's lenses are made by Kaligar and not Kalimar although they are found on the grey Kalimar cameras.

@kurtyboy,

sorry Markus one question to you directly. Here in the pic you see at the top right side the Bell & Howell 220 you talked about. What is the part that I exactly need from that camera?

806e_1.jpg

Greetings Guido

Hey Markus,

ty for the info and I changed it to kaligar in my first post. So another question to you on your macro it looks like your lenses has a different length are these two different lenses???

Greetings Guido

The lenses are adjustable.... telescopic.

Hey Markus,

ty for the info and I changed it to kaligar in my first post. So another question to you on your macro it looks like your lenses has a different length are these two different lenses???

Greetings Guido

Hey again all,

still interrested in all single extra parts that anyone has lying arround that would not be needed any longer. Knobs, side parts, viewer or lenses anything would be nice to get offeres for.

Greetings Guido

I took me quite a while to hunt down and acquire all the pieces I needed to put my Luke Macros together- but once assembled this is an amazing prop!! It looks so functional- so funky- so Star Wars.

Here are pics of my macros. It's not 100% accurate because the side knob hadn't been decided upon until after I had finished. Right now, it's a rotating knob with a custom insert.

The lenses are completely resin (though you wouldn't know from looking at them) from a member here.

Macros-finished-1A.jpg

macros-finished-2A.jpg

macros-finished-3A.jpg

macros010copy.jpg

-Fred

Hey Simon

The lenses weren´t painted, they are out of tinted resin.
The viewer grafic was provided by Jason aka moffeaton back the days.
Her offered them as laminated sheets with a few different motives.

Markus

the lenses were indeed tinted resin, but the viewer file is my own that I made from a screencap.

If you'd still like it, I still have the screencap file saved.

The picture is printed on glossy photo paper and then sandwiched between the two pieces of glass from the original viewer.

LMK.

-Fred

Last edited:
@Gigatron,

wow absolutly nice macro you built up there. If you did not say that the lenses were resin I would have said they are real.
To the viewer file do you have it scaled down to the correct size and if yes could you sent me that scaled file that would be totaly friendly because I´m not good with any progs to get pictures smaler.

BTW I´m still interrested if anyone has spare parts he don´t need any longer.

Greetings Guido

I'll see if I can upload the properly scaled file to photobucket and then post it here. If photobucket doesn't do any of their own resizing, it should be ready to go.

Just give me a couple of days to get around to it.

-Fred

The macros are definitely a cool prop to make!

Here are some pics of my finished macros. I also have those resin lenses, wish I could get real ones!

I also made my set working, i.e. it has a camera and video screen inside so they work like real macros!

Here is a movie showing the macros actually working:
http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/macros/macros_fmov.avi

macro_scr2.jpg

Ack, imperial walkers on the north ridge!

macro_scr1.jpg

Good luck!!

I love those everytime I see them, Jim.

But in all fairness, you shouldn't show those off. How can any mere mortal ever hope to build those :lol?

-Fred

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back