Lukes macros (Eumig Servomatic)

I love those everytime I see them, Jim.

But in all fairness, you shouldn't show those off. How can any mere mortal ever hope to build those :lol?

-Fred

I think yours look much better than mine (superb build up BTW). When people see my crappy ones the only upshot I have is turning it on. Heck, if the macros decide not to work at some point all I got are a bunch of parts that look like they passed through a bantha's intenstine. :lol

Hey Jim,

as all your great elektronics absoluty great but you know that you turned me now absoluty down right??? Lol I never would get such a wonderfull piece together that´s for sure.

Greetings Guido

I think yours look much better than mine (superb build up BTW). When people see my crappy ones the only upshot I have is turning it on. Heck, if the macros decide not to work at some point all I got are a bunch of parts that look like they passed through a bantha's intenstine. :lol

Electronics genius and humble to boot. Jim, you're a rare breed, my friend.

-Fred

Here's the viewfinder screencap

cap155copy.jpg

and the scaled picture for use in the finder

viewfindercopy.jpg

Enjoy,

Fred

Ty very much Gigatron that´s the way I would like to go because I would not be able to do a great job like hyperdyne on his macro.

Greetings Guido

Still one of my all time favorite props!

Always love seeing members finished replicas!

Finding all of the correct vintage parts can be a challenge, mostly trying to find the correct Grey version Kalimar Six Sixty's that have the 80mm lenses with the 2 silver knobs, but they are still out there.

To me, the finished prop looks to be a VERY convincing fuctional set of hi-tech "binoculars"!

Thanks again to "Howard" in England for I.D.ing the correct Eumig 8mm camera back in June of 2004! My how time flies!

That was a landmark "found item" discovery for the RPF!

- Jim

Hey Jim, thanks for posting about the discovery.
I too can't believe it's been three years! :eek
Where has all that time gone?

You know, I'm still looking for the Macro 'stunt' body camera...

All the best!

Howard.

W'regards to the 'stunt' I reckon this lens was used:
miranda50mm.jpeg

See it here on a one of the Luke photos:
RareLukewithMacrosPhotozoomed.jpg

On what I believe is the non-Eumig stunt.

SAS

Hey Jim, thanks for posting about the discovery.
I too can't believe it's been three years! :eek
Where has all that time gone?

You know, I'm still looking for the Macro 'stunt' body camera...

All the best!

Howard.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back