Interest Machine Shop Services - Next Run

dmachinist

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Machine Shop Services
Lathe & Milling work, Solid Models, Engineering,
I just got done with the DL44 ANH model kit run, looking for the next run,
Lately I have a bug to do something from the anime movie Heavy Metal (1981)
Maybe the Loc-Nar (with LED glowing frosted ball):
Loc-Nar2.jpg

Or the Evil Lord's Medallion & Helmet (you make the outfit):
Medallion5.jpg

I am also working on building a working Mayan/Aztec Calendar. (30 inches diameter!)
What else do you guys want?

I thought someone already did a run on those? not sure who,
I will have to pull out the DVD and get some screen shots this weekend,

I haven't seen anyone tackle a metal/ hollow m19 for an ESB blaster. Is that possible with your equipment?

I'm not sure what the M19 is, do you have a pic?

- - - Updated - - -

How about the oscillation overthruster from "The Adventures of Buckeroo Banzai…?"

View attachment 356228

View attachment 356229

I know a bunch of folks on here would want one, especially now that the carrying case has been found and is still available!

Hey Bigbooty! LOL, that would be pretty cool, do you know if anyone else has made a metal one?

Yes, that M19/M32 is elusive and a cast optical replica would be the bee's knees. You could even stamp it "M19 telescope DEC replica"

Oh the joy of that...

I think it would have to be machined, it looks like brass is showing through,
the end caps and knob are separate, and I could probably do the body in two pieces to get the offset,
I know you have a few scopes Scott, do you know where I can get one of these to measure? or does anybody have measurements?

I HAD an extra one until this morning... just mailed it away after selling it. >_<

But I have another on my blaster.

The original looks to be cast in brass... with machined down "feet". Then of course lens housings and rings, etc.

There are a couple of variants of the M19 that I have seen, but the difference is slight, a bit like with the M38 where the feet differ between 1942 and 1943 models. On the M19 its the part on the side which I think let's in light that differs between 1941 and 1942 models, one is fully round the other has a flattened bottom.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back