Mass Effect 2 N7 Armor Builds

Hey I saw on your blog that you met Mark Meer. Did you take a pic with him while wearing your armor?

the guy in the Yellow Lantern costume (hunter S. Sinestro) is Mark Meer voice of male shepard.

2211-mass-effect-group-dragoncon-2010-liz-diestler-jack-alyssa-smith-tali-volpin-red-gray-guy-yellow-mark-meer-voice-actor-male-shepard-me-david-end.jpg

Really incredible work! I only got to see you through the glass outside the Hyatt bar for a short while. I wanted a closer look, but carrying a 5 foot potato between hotels tends to make traffic surly.

Damn - I really wanted to meet up with you guys. I knew you were meeting sometime Saturday, but I didn't get an approximate time or location.

Unfortunately my armor wasn't fully ready (didn't even have the final neck piece built by the time con rolled around) - but I did manage to debut it for about 30 minutes before parts started falling off. I just didn't have the right materials with me to finish it in time (didn't even have time to finish the soldering for the lighting.....but I'm still fairly happy overall. Have to rebuild the helmet from scratch to make it more proportional and obviously lacking in some areas...but all a matter of a lack of time to finish it...anyways, here are some pics. This was actually the first time I wore all of the armor, so it turned out pretty well considering. Lots of tweaks to actually finish it before my next con.

41077_571601204560_11905170_32755064_4822192_n.jpg
40918_571601264440_11905170_32755068_3723876_n.jpg
59146_571601149670_11905170_32755062_392952_n.jpg

I have to ask...the person playing the character with all the tattoo's (who I can't recall the name), I can't honestly tell...man or woman? If woman.....ouch, those straps.....that can't be comfortable...

Hope I'm not being to curious!:eek But I couldn't tell...

I have to ask...the person playing the character with all the tattoo's (who I can't recall the name), I can't honestly tell...man or woman? If woman.....ouch, those straps.....that can't be comfortable...

Hope I'm not being to curious!:eek But I couldn't tell...

woman... in fact the character's straps are thinner again.

Nice blood dragon set. I'm building one as well. Maybe I'll start a new thread don't wanna jack EvilFX's kick ass thread. Nice Cerberus wallet pouch BTW Evil :D

Was awesome meeting you guys at DC and getting to see your work in person. Especially impressive considering the circumstances during your build! I can't thank you enough for all the detailed notes on construction.

I gotta get me one of those foam guns. MDF rifles suck at cons!

Foamshep rules!

How did those foam one compare to yours? other than weight.

Damn - I really wanted to meet up with you guys. I knew you were meeting sometime Saturday, but I didn't get an approximate time or location.

Unfortunately my armor wasn't fully ready (didn't even have the final neck piece built by the time con rolled around) - but I did manage to debut it for about 30 minutes before parts started falling off. I just didn't have the right materials with me to finish it in time (didn't even have time to finish the soldering for the lighting.....but I'm still fairly happy overall. Have to rebuild the helmet from scratch to make it more proportional and obviously lacking in some areas...but all a matter of a lack of time to finish it...anyways, here are some pics. This was actually the first time I wore all of the armor, so it turned out pretty well considering. Lots of tweaks to actually finish it before my next con.

Aww man I was going to do the blood armor next. This one is very close to being totally bad ass.

The whole thing came down to the wire for Dragon*Con so there was so much with it I didn't have time to do and finish, forcing me to cut corners. Anyways, I'm heading back to fix it up and finish it (lights, a brand new helmet, and the final piece of neck armor, among other things). I'm going to start a new thread - I'll edit this post and add a link to it, and relinquish this thread to the proper owner.

evilfx, how did you form the breast plate for the female? i would like to do a couples costume and have no idea how i would get that part quite right

evilfx, how did you form the breast plate for the female? i would like to do a couples costume and have no idea how i would get that part quite right
Check his blog link in the first post for more coverage of the build. The short answer is that he heated up the foam in the oven and then pressed it over a couple bowls with a piece of plexiglass.

If I Can get a hold of this guy to do me the same version of N7 armor he wore for dragoncon, I will work out pricing to have another set made for next haloween... My group of friends LOVE Mass Effect and I would rock the event... I hope I can get a hold of him in time to fit the schedule in for custom work... he is pure genius.

hey, am helping a friend build this armour am having trouble even printing out an appropriate template, everyone Ive asked says to re size it in photoshop and print it "its easy" apparently.
I have no photoshop experience and absolutely no clue otherwise...can anyone point me in the right direction please?

If I Can get a hold of this guy to do me the same version of N7 armor he wore for dragoncon, I will work out pricing to have another set made for next haloween... My group of friends LOVE Mass Effect and I would rock the event... I hope I can get a hold of him in time to fit the schedule in for custom work... he is pure genius.

if you mean EvilFx, he was selling two upper suits of the armor (minus leg armor) over Ebay a few weeks back.
he might be willing to do another if you contact him over deviantart, here or facebook.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back