Mission: Impossible (Original TV Series)

I was able to make a much better version of Willy's 2nd photo from the clearer image that dbuck posted above.

Willy Armitage 2.jpg

I had a harder time with the 3rd version of his photo. Even in the HD screenshots it's always out of focus in the closeups, so this one is only barely passable.

Willy Armitage 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was finally able to finish the Paris photo.

Because of the size, this insert can help us determine the full size of the plastic holders or sleeves.

The entire Paris photo insert measures exactly 8.7 inches wide by 14.5 inches in height, and completely fills the holder.

When you include the silver trim/tape around the borders, the clear holders would have to be exactly 9.5" x 15".

Tomorrow I'll try to finish that last cover for Cinnamon. EDIT: I have finished the cover photo without any text. It looks ok, but I can't find the 'Fashion Preview' font in any typeface reference. I will have to recreate it in the same way that I did with the NSA building graphic for the Gary Seven ID card. I will have to print out the title area, trace it carefully onto paper with a ruler and pencil, scan the paper, and create a vector tracing of the scan in Illustrator. The rest of the cover text is easy but the title will take time.

I also found that weird logo they used for the later 'Globe Repertory Company' page that took the place of Hartford RC in mid S4.
This one was shown blank once, and with small photo cutouts of the actors placed around the page in the last 2 appearances.

View attachment 850544

Last edited:
846244A8-19AD-41C2-97A8-13765B96B892.jpeg0C309427-BE0C-49AD-9AB0-803AB34A9730.jpeg

This was the best I could do before my streaming crapped. They didn’t quite get them in focus...or my streaming was crap. It did conk out shortly after the dossier scene.

Last edited:
View attachment 850682View attachment 850683

This was the best I could do before my streaming crapped. They didn’t quite get them in focus...or my streaming was crap. It did conk out shortly after the dossier scene.

They are out of focus even in HD. Apparently they didn't have much time to set up the insert shots. But I think there is another close-up of the same photo a few minutes later in the episode.

M:I creator Bruce Geller makes a brief appearance as the boat rental guy at the beginning of this same episode.
Jim asks him if he's got a 5/8 horsepower, and he gets up and leaves the boat for Jim without saying anything.

Contender - B. Geller.png

Last edited:
George Takei as Roger Lee, Allan Balter, who was a co-writer of many episodes, and another unidentified reject.

Roger Lee.jpgAllan Balter.jpgUnknown IMF #1.jpg

The photo of George Takei looks odd to me, as always thinking of him as Sulu in Star trek. I suppose that most photos of rejects for the team were crew members and staff of the series, as it would make sense to use them.

I suppose that most photos of rejects for the team were crew members and staff of the series, as it would make sense to use them.

They were. Here are some of the names that were listed in Patrick J. White's book, The Complete Mission: Impossible Dossier: Bruce Geller's wife Jinny, prop master Bill Bates, producers Robert H. Justman, Barry Crane, and Joseph Gantman, and hairstylist Adele Taylor.

I have identified at least one photo of Gantman, but I believe there was a second one. A lot of these people have no other photos online to identify them. There are a lot of photos of Robert Justman available online from his later Star Trek interviews, etc, but none that show what he looked like in the 60s.

The original attachment might have been lost in the move, so here is the photo of Paris again. Let me know if any of the other photos aren't showing up and I'll reupload those as well.

The Great Paris #1.jpg

This is a 1945 Hungarian banknote as seen in the season 1 episode Operation Rogosh:

Rogosh Prop Money.jpg
Screenshot (75).png

This is a prop banknote as seen in the season 1 episode The Frame. Standard small size note on off-white paper. Screenshot is missing but it was one of the various types of bills that you can see when Briggs and Barney are taking all the money from the vault:

The Frame Prop Money.jpg

Jim's book that you can see lying open on the table, from one of the final dossier scenes in the late season 4 episode Orpheus. It's from the 1931 edition of The Little Shepherd of Kingdom Come, by John Fox, Jr., and the pages are 5.5"x8.5".

Page 176.jpg
Page 177.jpg
Screenshot (367).png

Bravo on a great job getting the research done, as well as recreating them all. Has anyone found any leads on the silver tape/trim and the clear folders yet? The idea has crossed my mind to just cut out two pieces of acetate sheeting and taping them together on the sides and bottom. Just a thought.

Has anyone found any leads on the silver tape/trim and the clear folders yet? The idea has crossed my mind to just cut out two pieces of acetate sheeting and taping them together on the sides and bottom. Just a thought.

I couldn't find anything. We were able to figure out that they measure 9.5" x 15" including the tape, and that the tape itself is about 0.4" wide.

Bumping this for reference for those following the thread for Indy Magnoli's replica dossier portfolio and photo sleeve kit.

EDIT: For those who have not heard, the entire series is finally being released on Blu-Ray on November 17. There is a post about it in the Entertainment and Movie Talk section.

Last edited:
Here's another random photo for the 'rejects'. It is Bob Johnson, who was the voice on the tape recordings.
He never actually appears on the show, and we never see his photo, but I thought it would be a nice addition.

Bob Johnson - Voice on Tape.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back