Mk VI - commission

Re: Don Robert's IRONMAN Mk VI - commission

yes he is. :) he decided to commission a suit from us because he can't beat DR. lol. He's one of those cosplayers in the Philippines that is really into Ironman. He and Robert almost started the same time doing Ironman in cosplay.

Here's a photo of their suits way back 2008. lol. (DR is on right side with cardboard IM.haha.)

n785835815_1440321_5670849.jpg

ahh i see. I always see his jetfire optimus in conventions in manila so I thought it was him. :love Wow,by the looks of it DR has really improved,in major major ways! Wish i had skills when it comes to rubber. :) Yeah no one can beat DR. Happy Birthday btw to DR. :)

PS:Looks like the commission suit is missing the spine?

your suit is a beautiful thing..... loving how all the parts come nicely together
:thumbsup

Awesome suit !!
Do the shoulder pieces pop up electronically or do they stay up ?

no. they're already fixed like that. the client adjusted it & added lights to it though.

ahh i see. I always see his jetfire optimus in conventions in manila so I thought it was him. :love Wow,by the looks of it DR has really improved,in major major ways! Wish i had skills when it comes to rubber. :) Yeah no one can beat DR. Happy Birthday btw to DR. :)

PS:Looks like the commission suit is missing the spine?

yes. it is him. :) ic. i'm not sure maybe its just the photo...hmmm...

awesome awesome awesome awesome! colouring is perfect

pm sent, izabel

thanks. yup. i think i saw it already. i'm just finalizing my reply to u.:)

your suit is a beautiful thing..... loving how all the parts come nicely together
:thumbsup

thank you. :)

That looks fantastic.

thanks. :)

Excellent Work! you guy's always come through with your Suits. I hope mine is half as good.

Sweet!!!! You always get the colors and shading perfect. Does the paint ever peel in areas? I would think that it would with continued flex on parts.

Paul D.

DR uses foam assisted rubber... others call it EVA, some call it flip flops material, some refer to it as foam, its the stuff that gym flooring is similar to, check on izabel's other posts to see...

Un-frickin-believable!!!!!
Incredible detail, paint work and product design! It's just a shame the head looks a little big to the body.....however, i'm blown away by this! It'd look amazing on a mannequin at my house!

Rich

Excellent Work! you guy's always come through with your Suits. I hope mine is half as good.

:thumbsup I believe it'll come out good! patience, perseverance and being curious to try new things are the key. go for it!

stunning looks bloody amazing

Sweet!!!! You always get the colors and shading perfect. Does the paint ever peel in areas? I would think that it would with continued flex on parts.

Paul D.

yes it does. its normal. its wear and tear as you continually use the costume. especially in areas that rub each other. mostly its the cod piece and boots that gets chipped first but you can always repaint it though. :)

wait till you see his MK5! :)

:angel

Don this is epic,your a artist at your craft!

I scanned through this thread and did not see what these suits are made of. Amazing costumes.

rubber. :)

Your suit looks awesome!!

I was wondering too...What is this suit made of? Looks great!

rubber...slippers. LOL.

DR uses foam assisted rubber... others call it EVA, some call it flip flops material, some refer to it as foam, its the stuff that gym flooring is similar to, check on izabel's other posts to see...

Un-frickin-believable!!!!!
Incredible detail, paint work and product design! It's just a shame the head looks a little big to the body.....however, i'm blown away by this! It'd look amazing on a mannequin at my house!

Rich

actually we're still working on the helm. its not really perfect yet. :)

wow thats just amazing...nice detail...im really considering switching to foam

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back