Unlimited Run Mondoshawan Key - The fifth element

Wonder Knight

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello :),

I’ve been working at replicating the Mondoshawan key from the Fifth Element, as you might have seen with my WIP

Following the Propstore sales, I carefully analyzed the design, details and thickness of each element. I hope I managed to be as screen-accurate as possible in the replicating of the key. The end of the shaft is cut in V just like the original and the wings are welded in order to get the same exact authentic look.

prototype2.jpg

The wings are carefully cut by me using a chemical etching process allowing to cut really small thicknesses and details, just like the movie key. The wings are then welded one by one with a soldering iron. Several soldering wires have been tested to get the best shine. The keys can display some very small scratches as the brass is voluntarily kept raw as well as some small solder runs and small deformations to the base of the wings due to the heat of welding the really thin brass. Those small features specific to hand craftsmanship, and consistent with the making of the original item, are always minimal and do not affect the general appearance of the key in any way.

photo main.jpg

photo avant.jpg
photo coté.jpg

photo detail.jpg

The key is offered in two versions, a “brand new” shiny version (closer to the look of the film), and a weathered version (closer to the condition of the key today) The weathered treatment consists of light sanding and scratching, small pitting and chemical aging to mimic as faithfully and nicely as possible how the real key aged with time and handling.

photo main usée.jpg
photo avant usée.jpg
photo coté usée.jpg

photo coté usée 2.jpg

With each key, a one of a kind genuine stone stand is offered. The stands are cut from a local stone that reminds the look of the temple stone.

photo boite.jpg
pierre.jpg

How much does a key cost:

The keys are sold for 70€ + shipping, for any versions.

Where to order:

The key can only be bought directly on my website; they are all in hand, ready to ship. The website is completely bilingual French/English. Payments are secured and are completely processed with paypal checkout. You can either pay directly with your paypal account, or by credit card or even with local solutions like iDeal, Sofort, Bancontact, Giropay, MyBank, P24, EPS...

Shipping is handled by the French post service:

The key is quite small, it is securely sent in thin cardboard boxes and the shipping cost is quite cheap worldwide. It is automatically calculated at checkout depending on your location (after you create your account and enter your shipping address). For instance, shipping costs for one key is 7€ for France and 12€ for Europe and rest of the world. From my experience, this shipping method can be a tiny bit longer than larger boxes, but it’s completely safe and it’s fully tracked!

Quick answer to a likely question, no, sorry, I can’t sell the key just with a paypal transfer directly between you and me, this is now my actual job and I have to edit an invoice for anything I sell, and this is done through my website. The website is pretty easy to use though ;)

Don't hesitate to contact me for any question or problem

I hope you will like my work :)

Carouselle Mondoshawan key EN.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back