Moonfall

I went in with fairly low expectations... And it wasn't the worst movie ever! Not an entirely bad way to spend an afternoon with nothing else to do.

This thing is getting hammered with negative reviews, but every one of them is making me more excited to see what kind of nonsense Emmerich cooked up. I don't think I've been this intrigued by the promise of cinematic excess since the (in)famous io9.com review of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Went, knowing it would be bad, but hoping it would be bad in a good way. No, it’s bad in the biblical sense. The only thing missing was the words ‘the Asylum presents’ in the credits. I’m sure I’ve seen this movie on the Sy Fy channel before. A total mess. No coherent story Or Logical plotting. Sure the effects were good, but made no real world sense. And let’s face it, at the end, the Earth is now ‘F’ed out of existence. Give it a swerve, seriously.

One of these days I have to rewatch his thesis project, from back in the day when he still made good movies.

Moonfall is a fun romp, once you view it as a train wreck that provides its own parody.
Though it does have a bunch of realistic moments, like when
it turns out that the rich crazy neighbor's name is Karen.
And the most unrealistic bit was that
the American cell phone network keeps working when it usually becomes unstable as soon as there's even the slightest breeze.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back