Movies That Should Never Be Remade (But If They Did...)

So, no one?

The other day I was watching "Tab Hunter Confidential" on TCM, which discussed his relationship with Anthony Perkins. It struck me, you know who would make a perfect Norman Bates if they were foolish enough to remake Psycho (again)? Andrew Garfield.

As far as "never be remade", I have a few.
The good, the bad, and the ugly.
A Fistful of dollars
A Few Dollars More
Unforgiven
Taxi Driver
BUT
if they did...
The "Dollars trilogy" could probably use either Scott Eastwood or Wyatt Russell.
I have no clue who they might cast in a remake of Taxi Driver.. Frankly, I'm not sure which modern actor I'd BELIEVE in that role.

Godzilla
Evil Dead
Dr. Strangelove (nobody today would get the cold war jokes)
Dirty Dozen
Patton
I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Patton, esp. with realistic tanks and not M48s/60s painted grey to play German Panzers. But who would you cast to play Patton, in my mind George C. Scott was and always will be Patton. George C. Scott was better at being Patton than Patton himself, I mean that gravelly voice of his, that's the voice of Patton, which is much better than Patton's actual voice.

A Fistful of dollars
A Few Dollars More
Unforgiven
Taxi Driver
BUT
if they did...
The "Dollars trilogy" could probably use either Scott Eastwood or Wyatt Russell.
I have no clue who they might cast in a remake of Taxi Driver.. Frankly, I'm not sure which modern actor I'd BELIEVE in that role.
I'd love to watch Tom Hardy give it a try as Travis Bickle...

Remo Williams, the Adventure begins with Dave Bautista, They live with Dave Bautista and the Rock. :p
The Black Hole with James Franco in the lead.
Blade Runner with Taren Egerton. (lightning strikes my desk)
Forrest Gump with Patton Oswald Ahahaha

"It's A Wonderful Life" - should NEVER EVER EVER EVER get remade, but if it did I can already hear the shock jocks and editorialists screaming about its commie pinko, anti-capitalist message.

"It's A Wonderful Life" - should NEVER EVER EVER EVER get remade, but if it did I can already hear the shock jocks and editorialists screaming about its commie pinko, anti-capitalist message.
same with Casablanca - no repeats on that please, its a classic. The SNL skit on Its a Wonderful Life has its own message, but I digress (the Shatner intro of the Dana Carvey version - hey, it was the 80s)

same with Casablanca - no repeats on that please, its a classic. The SNL skit on Its a Wonderful Life has its own message, but I digress (the Shatner intro of the Dana Carvey version - hey, it was the 80s)

Too late, it's been adapted as a TV show twice already, one in 1955 -56 on AB, and again in 1983 on NBC. Madonna, apparently, had planned on doing modern day remake back in 2008 and set in Iraq but that never happened.

A Fistful of dollars
A Few Dollars More
Unforgiven
Taxi Driver
BUT
if they did...

The funny thing is, that with the Eastwood westerns, I really think they can be easily partially updated by cleaning up the image quality, re-dub the dialogue of the supporting characters, clean up the music score and sound effects, and some re-editing to reflect those changes. Because otherwise, no one from a modern audience can sit through a remake that didn't have giant explosions, modern music, and some super fast cut action scene every 2 minutes.

Even though it would be awful I would watch a Back to the Future remake mostly for the scene where they go back to 1985 and (most likely female) Doc Brown asks "If you're from the Future then tell me, who is President of the United States in 2020?" "Donald Trump!?!?"

edit: PLEASE don't make this about politics. Was merely making a joke. avoid the bait! avoid the bait!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back