My Iron Man Mark IV Build

Ninjamove

Hi everyone, been an avid fan of ironman and im thankful i had given the chance to make my own ironman armor thanks to the persons responsible for it. you know who you are! And im proud to post my work as of this moment!

here's my first attempt. i started to test paint an ironman helmet in its pepakura/carboard stage only which i marked it phase 1.Beside it is the pepakura file done by sharkhead and dubean which i will fiberglass it later which is the phase 2 of my project.

I have started to apply resin in the exterior of the helmet in these images. I used paper clips to hold the faceplate and chin in place as I applied resin on the three parts together.

I'm done fiberglassing the interior part of the helmet with the use of fiber cloth and resin. I'll be trying to add a thin layer of rondo as topcoat of the fiberglass, just a thin layer to make an even finish. Because I don't want to see any fiber cloth sticking when i wear it.

Because Its my first time in this modeling hobby, I will be using this helmet for tests. I tried to rondo the inside of the helmet and underneath is the fiberglass cloth. On the actual helmet that I'll be doing, I am using the fiberglass cloth as it won't warp the pepped helmet. btw, I am not using cardstock rather I am using bristol board 3 ply.

Good work so far. Its always a good idea to experiment when you first start doing this work. Did you build the helmet at default scale or did you have to scale it up to fit over your head?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back