My "poor mans" Wolverine cycle jacket

Thanks for the link kittlemeier.

Originally posted by Thatguy@Mar 9 2006, 03:12 PM
Not to veer a little off topic, but didn't a board member have recent problems with Vanson regarding the Wolverine jacket?
[snapback]1202358[/snapback]​

Hmmm, anyone care to expand about these problems with a Wolverine jacket from Vanson? I was thinking of ordering one but not until I hear what this problem was.

- J.

Not only am I wondering how long it took for you to get your order... but when did you place your order for the jackets? And did you order 3 at once or over a period of time?

- J.

Originally posted by The Mantis@Mar 9 2006, 07:29 PM
I heard that as well, but I have ordered three with no problem.
[snapback]1202559[/snapback]​

Well, in case anyone is interested in purchasing one of these jackets from Vanson, I gave them a call today and here's basically what I was told:

If you goto Vanson's website and do a search for the Wolverine jacket, you get 3 "options" that appear priced at: $559.00, $614.90 and $714.90

Apparently, the 2 higher priced options are no longer available. She told me that they were their "signature" series and they no longer have any for sale. So, the cost for the Wolverine jacket is $559.00 if you fit in a large. She did ask me what size I was before quoting me a price so if you're small, medium or extra large, then there might be a difference in price.

They custom make each jacket to order and once the order is placed it takes 6-8 weeks to make it.

I gotta go home and find a tape measure now. :D

- J.

Well, don't measure yourself. Don't even find a friend to do it. Just go to your local tailor. For a $559 jacket, you'll kill yourself if you ordered the wrong size.

Trust me, people order 3 jackets over on COW(Indiana Jones forum) just b/c they measure the jacket themselves and find it's too big/too small, sleeves are too short/too long, etc.

Purchased them all at different times...took about 4-6 weeks for each but they were all custom made....that is off a series of measurements....VERY surprised they are doing mediums larges etc....they run small...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back