My Rorschach costume for the movie :)... Post yours!

Kadajiroth_RorschachPhoto.jpg

My costume isn't all that great, I definitely need to change the hat with something more brown. I'm trying to track down a scarf at the moment, which is proving surprisingly difficult, to complete the costume. I'm glad how my mask turned out, all the masks on eBay and online were too expensive, so I made my own.

That's a great start:thumbsup Wearing this to the movie are we?!:love:thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks. Hopefully tomorrow I will be, for my second viewing, that would be awesome. I saw the movie today, but I couldn't be bothered going in costume seeing as how far I had to walk from the car park to the cinema, seeing as how it was a hot day, and it's a hot costume, haha.

EDIT: Another shot with a makeshift scarf (an old t-shirt) that's evidently too small:

KadajirothRorschach7_05-03-09.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately I wasn't able to change the color of my trenchcoat before the movie but i'll have that in the works for the next outing :p
Here was me just before leaving for the premier....
Used the "failed" attempt at TDK Joker pants... which Unwittingly worked almost perfectly for Rorschach this time around, some cowboy boots with a near perfect toe/heel/color. Gloves, again from the joker.
The mask I made myself from a brushed cotton-back,lycra...using acrylic paints to give texture to the white as well as the 'inkblots' in the mask.
The hat was taken from a Fedora I had previously used for an Indy costume (before attaining something more accurate) I reshaped the hat myself to resemble rorschach more accurately.
Rorshach.jpg

Last edited:
Friends who went to the midnite show as the Comedian & Dr. Manhatttan.. from what I understand, they didn't know who the Rorschach guy was..

I picked up a more accurate trenchcoat for the movie release.
Here's me in front of the Imax wall banner.
Rorschach002.jpg

Here I am with my friend Peter, and another anonymous Rorschach. I'm in the middle.

Rorschach003.jpg

Rorschach006.jpg

Do you think wearing a mask is a suitable way to sneak into a Certificate 18 film? Speaking in a raspy voice might help too.

Unfortunately in the UK, we're not as open to public acts of fandom without lots of support, you'd be strung out as a fanboy.

Do you think wearing a mask is a suitable way to sneak into a Certificate 18 film? Speaking in a raspy voice might help too.

Unfortunately in the UK, we're not as open to public acts of fandom without lots of support, you'd be strung out as a fanboy.

It's possible. At my theatre they announced to the lineup, when they were starting to let people in, "Please have tickets ready, and if you normally get ID'ed, have your ID out as well." I walked in wearing my Rorschach mask, and they never bothered to ask me to remove it, or to show ID.

Finished my rorschach... mostly. Still have to modify the shoulders and cuffs... but otherwise it's there. Maybe some weathering, muck, blood...etc
Rorschach2.jpg

Something that always bothered me about Rorschach's coat was that the left epaulet was always sticking up at that funny angle. I think everyone else has theirs neatly pinned down.

Also looked like he was wearing a pinstripe suit underneath.

Back