NBC Late night shake up.

EITHER guy can write their own ticket at another network if NBC lets them go. That's their problem. They don't want to let one go and have them as competition. It's why Conan got the tonight show in the first place and it's why Jay is on before the news now. They screwed themselves and are trying to put it off on Jay and Conan. I want their to be a way that NBC is the biggest loser of the bunch.

They'll probably fire Conan and reinstall Leno as the host of the Tonight show.

Of course what they SHOULD do, is fire Leno, since his show is being canceled.

k

I've never cared for Conan; always been a Letterman guy, myself.

They are jerking him around at NBC though.

Back in the old days I mainly watched Leno and would turn to Fergusen if I felt like staying up. I just can't watch Obrien. I never could. I just can't stand the guy.

Its interesting to note that since the new lineup, O'Brien has lost consistently to Letterman, where Leno consistently beat Letterman. I would rather see O'Brien dumped and Leno restored to the Tonight Show so my life can go back to 'normal'-- choosing between Letterman and Leno and not having O'Brien anywhere to worry about. I'm sure Fox or ABC would have a bidding war over him. Then again, O'Brien can't top Letterman, so whoever puts him on the air is automatically going to have the 3rd rated show in the timespot.

And ABC isn't about to replace Nightline with a show that will cost more and get no higher than 3rd.

Scott

They'll probably fire Conan and reinstall Leno as the host of the Tonight show.

That would be a costly move. They'd have to buy-out Conan's contract (I've heard $50 million and $80 million figures). If Conan leaves and goes to another network and makes less, NBC is liable for the difference according to Conan's current contract. The ball is in Conan's court, and I think NBC knows it.

Leno QUIT The Tonight Show and NBC offered him the earlier time slot and he took it. Now that slot/show isn't doing well. So? Hit the road! Does anyone here have a job where they could tell their boss that they quit and be offered another position, and then if THAT position didn't work out, get offered their OLD job back? Hell no! Leno already quit The Tonight Show. Why offer it BACK to him?

And about Conan "losing" Leno's viewers - I believe that Leno took his geriatric, go-to-bed-early viewers with him, and I think that they now go to bed either after Leno or the local news, and aren't staying up for Conan. NBC stated that they're really aiming The Tonight Show at the desirable 18-49 demographic anyway. With the internet, DVRs, and other new media, that's going to be an increasingly hard segment to reach in ANY timeslot.

I hope Conan stands his ground. It's the principle. Leno is a nice guy, but isn't funny anymore, and it's time for him to GO.

Leno should host a show on vintage car collecting & restoration. It's his passion, and I'd watch it.

-DM

Me too:thumbsup

That would be a great idea. Where he could travel the country looking for vintage cars, something like "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" (one of my favorite shows).

True fact: Leno sucks so bad as a commedian he had to write it into the contract for the band lead on the Tonight Show that the band lead has to laugh as his jokes.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back