Need help- photo etching

Raffles

Sr Member
I'm looking for an individual or company that offers photo etching or laser cutting for brass/aluminium sheet. Preferably in the UK but abroad could work. I've used local suppliers before but they aren't too interested in small orders. Anyone used a company or even offer this themselves? it's not a huge or complex piece, just A4 or smaller repeats of 2 parts.

Have you considered home photo etching? Depending how large or small your requirements are, you may get dragged over the coals by a big name company for material, setup/template fees, etc...

I did a quick google and found a DIY post that may or may not interest you...

http://www.prototrains.com/etch1/etch1.html

Like I said, this appears to be aimed more at the "slightly more than casual/hobbyist" type person, but not as much as the "Have an order of 2,000 pieces needed, shipped in 5 working days"; Although (at least to me) it looks like a bit of initial $$ for supplies, but if you plan on offering items in the long run, at least you wouldn't have to worry about reoccuring setup fees for different items and templates...

Thanks for the link. I'm not really producing anything that's going to be in that much of a demand that it is going to need my own setup. I've been modelmaking for about 15 years and have only used etched brass twice so my own setup would be a bit uneccessary, plus it sounds as though you have to have quite a bit of technical skill to avoid undercuts etc.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back