Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Sorry... I don't know what happened. I quoted your post, but my comment didn't show up underneath it for some reason. I was going to say I really dig the finish and sci-fi feel. Looks great and I'm sure it'll look even more realistic when you weather it!
Nice touch with the tiny screen. Also, are those real bullet shell casings? They looks so realistic and shiny!

Thanks, I was inspired by WETA's work on Spectral. Yes, they are real .308 rounds. They fit in the mags so nicely :D

Done with my Cyberpunk/Destiny inspired gun. I was working on this back in December and just finished it recently. This was for my cousin, but it was long over due... I may have said I was going to make it and give it to him two years ago... :unsure::whistle: But he loves it so that makes me happy!

The base is a Maverick Nerf gun; one of the most recognizable Nerf guns in my opinion. From there, I used a piece of poplar for the rest of the frame and built up lots of detail using styrene sheets. Really the first time I've used styrene extensively and I love it! So easy to work with... however, I'm a perfectionist and all the lines aren't quite straight. o_O I also struggled a lot with the paint finish. I wanted it to feel really gritty, menacing, and looks like it's been well used. The whole gun is a little lacking in contrast, especially since I went with a monochromatic theme. What I gave my cousin is actually different than these pics... orange highlights were added last minute which kinda ruined it for me, but like I said, he likes it so I'm done with it!

IMG_6624.JPG
IMG_6626.JPG
IMG_6627.JPG
IMG_6628.JPG
IMG_6629.JPG
IMG_6630.JPG

P.S. These pics were formatted for Instagram... I post most of my projects there if you're interested. Dane Crandall (@prop_rocks) • Instagram photos and videos

tmax
Does it actually keep ammo count? (dig it if it does!.. all blasters need to light up and make sounds!) :)
Yup, lights, sounds and movement. When you fire, the whole gun vibrates and the slide shoots back and forth. The counter counts down until you out of rounds. Then you have to reload. You can also change the blue light to purple or red. It’s pretty dam cool. :cool:

bOUPOZF.jpg

Yup, lights, sounds and movement. When you fire, the whole gun vibrates and the slide shoots back and forth. The counter counts down until you out of rounds. Then you have to reload. You can also change the blue light to purple or red. It’s pretty dam cool. :cool:

View attachment 1001596

Woah! Nice work... love the counter man.

Dig it!

I did an ammo count/reset (and other features) on my build here:

* not a nerf gun however..

But for sounds, lights.. -AND- movement.. I did this to a Maverick!

Also, Soulinertia

Like the rifle! Looking good!

Man, that Commando rifle is amazing! Nice job and the spinning barrel on the Maverick brings a whole new dimension to the prop.

2019 is the year that one of my all-time favourite movies, Bladerunner, is set, so what better time to do a nerf tribute to Bladerunner?

So here it is, the Hammershot Bladerunner 2019 Edition.

oZD5bTJ.jpg

The only Hammershot I've done with different detailing both sides

EDUbdez.jpg

There's a bunch of stuff missing due to practical considerations, but I've added things too, so it balances out... kinda.

Lm5IJta.jpg

Whereas I enhanced the look of the strap/buckle decoration on one side, on the other I removed it entirely and replaced it with an adjustment knob and a wiring loom. I removed the tank from under the cylinder and used styrene sheet backed with epoxy glue to fill the support-arm holes. I also removed the bandages on the grip as usual, but also infilled the notch.

I8jRtmL.jpg

After all the fun with the epoxy putty, I had a little left over, so i worked away on some extra bits, the hammer got a lengthening, the bolt-lever was enhanced to give it a similar curve to the screen-prop, and some extra lines were cut into the shell with files.

1OAJ3ae.jpg

While I had the rotary tool fired up, I decided to do an ejection slot. Note that it's not big enough for Megas (something I hope to address in V.2). I found a bunch of greeblies in my parts box and bunged those on as well; no LEDs or switches though (see note re. V.2). The fake screws were all replaced with rubber grommets left over from my Zoids era.

I could regail you with the trials and tribulations of epoxy putty, paint and masking tape, but suffice to say, It came out okay after a somewhat shakey showing in the mid-stages. All I'll say is; Milliput is great for infills, not so great for structural work - have some superglue handy, or just use the Tamiya Quick Type 2-part; make sure your paint is flowing smoothly before taking aim at your shell - a small piece of styrene sprayed a little earlier in the day will give you a lot of info regarding drying times, smoothness, etc; 3M's painters tape for delicate surfaces likes to spooge its gum all over gloss surfaces - it also has too much tack for 'delicate' surfaces - might need to look at the next rung up the cost ladder :/

Hope you like it and thanks for looking :)

Looking awesome! I haven't watched the Blade Runner but I've bought so hopefully I'll get time to see it. How did you make it? Wondering if you sculpted and casted it, if it's a mod, etc.

Looking awesome! I haven't watched the Blade Runner but I've bought so hopefully I'll get time to see it. How did you make it? Wondering if you sculpted and casted it, if it's a mod, etc.

Just a plain old Nerf Hammershot with some bits cut away and some other bits added - in all respects it's a hammershot, just with a lot of bodywork. The added bits are pen tips and ink barrels, plastic bushings and rubber grommets from Zoids, some wire, some computer case screws and lots of epoxy putty.

I have a bunch of WIP photos which I'll organise into a post sometime in the near future, or you can check my Nerfmancer Facebook page if you don't want to wait. ;)

2019 is the year that one of my all-time favourite movies, Bladerunner, is set, so what better time to do a nerf tribute to Bladerunner?

So here it is, the Hammershot Bladerunner 2019 Edition.

View attachment 1005451

The only Hammershot I've done with different detailing both sides

View attachment 1005452

There's a bunch of stuff missing due to practical considerations, but I've added things too, so it balances out... kinda.

View attachment 1005453

Whereas I enhanced the look of the strap/buckle decoration on one side, on the other I removed it entirely and replaced it with an adjustment knob and a wiring loom. I removed the tank from under the cylinder and used styrene sheet backed with epoxy glue to fill the support-arm holes. I also removed the bandages on the grip as usual, but also infilled the notch.

View attachment 1005454

After all the fun with the epoxy putty, I had a little left over, so i worked away on some extra bits, the hammer got a lengthening, the bolt-lever was enhanced to give it a similar curve to the screen-prop, and some extra lines were cut into the shell with files.

View attachment 1005455

While I had the rotary tool fired up, I decided to do an ejection slot. Note that it's not big enough for Megas (something I hope to address in V.2). I found a bunch of greeblies in my parts box and bunged those on as well; no LEDs or switches though (see note re. V.2). The fake screws were all replaced with rubber grommets left over from my Zoids era.

I could regail you with the trials and tribulations of epoxy putty, paint and masking tape, but suffice to say, It came out okay after a somewhat shakey showing in the mid-stages. All I'll say is; Milliput is great for infills, not so great for structural work - have some superglue handy, or just use the Tamiya Quick Type 2-part; make sure your paint is flowing smoothly before taking aim at your shell - a small piece of styrene sprayed a little earlier in the day will give you a lot of info regarding drying times, smoothness, etc; 3M's painters tape for delicate surfaces likes to spooge its gum all over gloss surfaces - it also has too much tack for 'delicate' surfaces - might need to look at the next rung up the cost ladder :/

Hope you like it and thanks for looking :)

Really dig that suede leather look you achieved on the handle. And love the overall gritty feeling of the weapon. Looks like it fits right into the universe. Great work on the filling and body work... you can barely tell where the original starts and the new ends.

Really dig that suede leather look you achieved on the handle. And love the overall gritty feeling of the weapon. Looks like it fits right into the universe. Great work on the filling and body work... you can barely tell where the original starts and the new ends.

The odd thing is, I haven't done a weather-wash yet, due to a lack of flat black acrylic paint, so all of the griminess so far is just from the initial edge drybrushing and general look of the surface. :D

The odd thing is, I haven't done a weather-wash yet, due to a lack of flat black acrylic paint, so all of the griminess so far is just from the initial edge drybrushing and general look of the surface. :D

Really? Ha, that's awesome! Imagine what it'll look like when you do weather it. By the way, is it still functional? I've done several Nerf props, but I don't usually keep the functionality. I would eventually like to try and keep the functional the next one I try.

Every single piece I've done so far is 100% functional - some as much as 150-200% functional even :D
But yeah, I definitely want to explore the world of non-functioning props at some stage, my workspace is kinda limited, hence the lack of integration and large-scale modification in my work.

Hammershot05-aftermath-01-1k.jpg

This is the aftermath of the Bladerunner project, and pretty much every tool I used on it minus the painting - can't fit much more in there :D

Every single piece I've done so far is 100% functional - some as much as 150-200% functional even :D
But yeah, I definitely want to explore the world of non-functioning props at some stage, my workspace is kinda limited, hence the lack of integration and large-scale modification in my work.

View attachment 1006247

This is the aftermath of the Bladerunner project, and pretty much every tool I used on it minus the painting - can't fit much more in there :D

Nice. Keeping the function definitely takes more thought than just gluing a bunch of parts together. Love your workspace... a sign of a true artist! Tools everywhere, dust and particles... it's great. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back