Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

I finally bought one of these and am taking it apart.

The cone on the front of the scope is glued on but I was able to pop it off by separating the main body then wedging in a popsicle stick and slowly sliding it towards the cone.

I finally bought one of these and am taking it apart.

The cone on the front of the scope is glued on but I was able to pop it off by separating the main body then wedging in a popsicle stick and slowly sliding it towards the cone.

For are you going with an idealized concept that the scope is going to match scopes seen on the DH-17, A New Hope and Chewy's blaster?

Not entirely sure what I'm doing yet.

At the moment I'm digging through my boxes of junk to see what I have that I can use for mods.
Found misc machined pieces that can be used for the scope screw covers and most of the front end and possibly the back end.

Found a HOOV-R-LINE hex shaped adapter that is nearly the same size as the one on the toy. (maybe off by a mm or two)

Finally got some of the parts printed for this. They all worked out great. Thanks AnubisGuard I'll start sanding, filling, and eventually painting later in when it warms up. Don't think I'll be doing any more mods to this now that I have my Polymer Armory kit, to work on also.

PXL-20230307-000518421-2.jpg

Last edited:
Not entirely sure what I'm doing yet.

At the moment I'm digging through my boxes of junk to see what I have that I can use for mods.
Found misc machined pieces that can be used for the scope screw covers and most of the front end and possibly the back end.

Found a HOOV-R-LINE hex shaped adapter that is nearly the same size as the one on the toy. (maybe off by a mm or two)
I perplexed on how I want to attempt the paint application. In reality, it shouldn't be so difficult as the real prop is just a single shade of black paint. The real prop also has no weathering (yes, after time the prop has been knocked around and there are dings and scuffs but basically there is no attempt for faux weathering on a prop that is pretty much a resin cast (except scope ring and guard). However such a paint job seems boring to me.

So I have considered doing things to the scope. My scope is going to have 3D printed inserts, So it will not have the same elements of a real single point scope but I am thinking of giving it some details that you might see on a real scope of other types. Such as a steel body and brass lens rings that might peak out through worm paint. I also tend to do the same with the capacitor on the handle, scope ring, and guard.

For the main body, I going to forgo any faux metal weathering and approach the body as a composite material.

...at least that's the plan for now. :confused:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back