Prop Store Auction 01.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Prop Store Auction 02.jpg
    Prop Store Auction 02.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Prop Store Auction 03.jpg
    Prop Store Auction 03.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 154
the normal placement of the covertec wheel on OWK stunts is already a slight nuissance for two-handing, having it on the collar would make dueling so difficult and uncomfortable. Which also begs the question, did the prop team not think about how it would rest upside down on Obi-Wan's belt?

I know that a lot of the bladed stunts didn't have covertec wheels for that reason, which really makes me wonder why this one had one at all. Especially since this one doesn't appear to have ever been painted. Maybe someone just screwed it in randomly after production but before going to The Prop Store...

The Prop Store auction claims that the silver body paint flaked off. you can still see some of the paint on the knurled screw and the pommel. Unless they had some sort of plan for Ewan or his stunt double to do a fall or some kind of fall with the hilt on his belt it certainly doesn't make sense why a rubber stunt would need it

Attachments

• IMG_1822.jpeg
    IMG_1822.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1823.jpeg
    IMG_1823.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I honestly love the case that once held the V3, Barbican and Ranch saber too ;)

Do we think the salt shaker used some Ep1 parts?

I honestly love the case that once held the V3, Barbican and Ranch saber too ;)

Do we think the salt shaker used some Ep1 parts?
To clarify - perhaps an identical model of this case held those sabers, but not the exact case pictured.

As a wrap gift on Episode III, each Head of Department from the production was given a case just like that one, with a set of seven metal hero sabers: Anakin, Obi-Wan Saltshaker, Obi-Filmed As Filmed, Dooku, Sidious, Vader, and Windu. So the pictured case used to have those seven hilts. There were a few cases like that, for each of the various HODs. It's not clear that ANY of those hilts ever saw any filming, as they seem to have been created explicitly as wrap gifts.

This case was Nick Gillard's wrap gift, He has previously sold all of the other sabers through various auctions, and this is the last of them. I suppose that's why the case is going with it.

Last edited:
To clarify - perhaps an identical model of this case held those sabers, but not the exact case pictured.

As a wrap gift on Episode III, each Head of Department from the production was given a case just like that one, with a set of seven metal hero sabers: Anakin, Obi-Wan Saltshaker, Obi-Filmed As Filmed, Dooku, Sidious, Vader, and Windu. So the pictured case used to have those seven hilts. There were a few cases like that, for each of the various HODs. It's not clear that ANY of those hilts ever saw any filming, as they seem to have been created explicitly as wrap gifts.

This case was Nick Gillard's wrap gift, He has previously sold all of the other sabers through various auctions, and this is the last of them. I suppose that's why the case is going with it.

Here is a screen capture around 25s mark from

Screen Shot 2023-10-29 at 12.53.53 AM.png

This one is from a recent Heritage Auctions:
saber3.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back