Question Notification screens/tabs - not working anymore? (resolved)

Is this quote not working?

Check your quote notification and see if you can this listed there. When someone quotes me I can only find out what it was from the email notification not the site.

I see this:

a1f195a3f40f2c75d58292604f83639d.jpg

dbuck, that is exactly what I get when I click on the link.

Odd it only happens to a few people, using different browsers and different OS :confused

dbuck, that is exactly what I get when I click on the link.

Odd it only happens to a few people, using different browsers and different OS :confused

It is VERY odd. dbuck and I did a bit of testing last night and we are both set up exactly the same. He gets a black screen and I see the quotes. Still looking.

It is VERY odd. dbuck and I did a bit of testing last night and we are both set up exactly the same. He gets a black screen and I see the quotes. Still looking.

In the spirit of show and tell:
quote.jpg

Weeeeeiiird, doesn't matter if I'm at work or at home, where I use both mac and pc :wacko

My screen still looks like dbuck's. All tabs show nothing with the exception of "My Activity" but..."My Activity" only shows the posts in this thread...nothing else.

It's strange. My ipad and iPhone cannot show certain things. My laptop has no problem with the RPF but I hardly ever use it. It's old and sad. I only use it for photoshop and downloading top gear episodes. :)

Still showing that blank for me. Might try clearing my cache, logging out and back in, see what that does.

Edit:
Cleared cache, cookies, etc and no change.

Last edited:
Somebody quote me, and I'll tell you if it's working for me. Unless I can quote myself?

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody quote me, and I'll tell you if it's working for me. Unless I can quote myself?

quoting self - test

It's registering as an edit, automatically connecting to my previous comment. I need someone to quote me.

- - - Updated - - -

quoting self - test

It's registering as an edit, automatically connecting to my previous comment. I need someone to quote me.
See if this works.

Notifications not showing...

The little grey 'Notifications' box at the top right of my screen updates fine, giving me a heads up that I have 1 new Thanks/Like Alert or things like that.

However, when I click on Notifications and it goes to my account page with the tabs that lists things like this, I do not see the list of threads that I have been 'Thanked/liked' or 'quoted' in.

Is this an issue or is is simply functionality reserved for premium members?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Apologies for posting a new thread on this subject. Many thanks to the forum gods for moving my post into this thread, and thanks for your work looking into this issue.

Last edited:
Re: Notifications not showing...

Its a known recent issue and I think there is another thread about it here.

The Admins can't seem to figure it out as of yet. I am having the same issue. Some have this issue, some do not.

It is definitely something that is tied to the user as I have done testing and I don't have the problem, but when I log in as a user who does, I do have the problem. So it isn't a matter of browser or OS.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back