Original Battlestar Galactica Viper miniature donor kit part ID's.

eagle1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all!.
Can anyone help me with the ID's of this miniature at all?.
I'm not too professed in all the known donors, but I know the staples & have them.
I'm just wondering if there were any maps out there in the wild that I haven't come across as yet.

Cheers
Stu

Last edited:
Hey all!.
Can anyone help me with the ID's of this miniature at all?.
I'm not too professed in all the known donors, but I know the staples & have them.
I'm just wondering if there were any maps out there in the wild that I haven't come across as yet.

Cheers
Stu
Have you seen the ones over ar StudioScaleModelers?

Well if it's not public, and I'd suggest if it's anything like most of these projects they take literally decades of research and kit collecting to accumulate all the info.
Probably best to reach out to those that have the info privately and see if they will share.

Your right Dave, however sharing information is only one aspect of the forum.

It's also used to showcase your work and perhaps inspire others by what you are working on, or accomplished. Or seek inspiration as the case may be. I also find it's also a great place to meet and communicate with like minded folk. And probably serves many other functions that I just can't think of.

My understanding is that this forum is for the discussion of screen used or replica studio scale models.

It's not necessarily a one stop beginners guide to building your Galactica Viper, or whatever takes your fancy.

I agree that sharing is always nice, however it shouldn't always be expected. There are many reasons why, and they have all been voiced many times here and elsewhere. Each of them are debatable and obviously not everyone will agree on them. It's just how it is.

Here we go again. Being willing to share kits finds is great, but keep in mind people don't always have *permission* to share. Many times, the info you get comes from other people who did the hard work (and spent the big bucks) to discover those IDs. Those finds belong to *them* and it's up to them to decide whether they want to make that info public.

If you are trusted with such info and then go "blabbing" it out on a public forum, you might not get the chance to be trusted again.

Yes, it's true that much of this kind of info has now come to light and that's great. But, it's also true that many of those kits remain hard to find collector's items. The more they get publicized, the harder they are to find and the price just keeps going up and up. Acquiring vintage original kits is now an incredibly expensive undertaking.

Those who have been at this a very long time will likely understand. On the other hand, some who are new to the hobby might not and it might even tick them off. I'm sorry if that's the case but the reality of the situation is still the same.

A complex topic like Quantum Mechanics. Takes more than the normal homework and a gestation period to develop the wisdom to understand.
Ahh! The more certain it gets a specific kit is needed the less certain it becomes where to find it.
And when it arrives it‘s mint and already bashed at the same time until you open the box?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back