Planet Explorer

I go away for a few days and you surprise us with this? OUTSTANDING! The weathering adds so much life. Well Done!

The weathering really brings the piece to life -but the decals and logo are what make it "real". As always, outstanding job!

I go away for a few days and you surprise us with this? OUTSTANDING! The weathering adds so much life. Well Done!

Thank you very much, SofaKing-san. Weathering painting is a long time since I did last time.
Thank you for the kind comment, sir. I will paint the underside and tracks next and post it up soon.

The mission patch is BRILLIANT!

I thank you very much all the time, Axlotl-san.
I've tried to design something realistic.

Excellent work on the logo. I love it! And I'm especially impressed that you made it with Excel. I had no idea it had that capability...

Thank you, Tom-san.

I have been using Excel for those drawing for many years ago.
Because I couldn't buy that Photoshop or Illustrator. That was very expensive and looks like too complicated for me.
Excel is good enough even for those drawing purposes and very user friendly. And you can get better solution than you expected.
Recently, drawing with Excel is attracting the attention. If you check the web like Drawing with Excel' or something, you'll see what I'm trying to say.

The weathering really brings the piece to life -but the decals and logo are what make it "real". As always, outstanding job!

Thank you very much Snow Builder-san. That's a very pleasant words for what I did.
I will start paint the underside and tracks, touch-up here and there and that small vehicles will be finished soon.

Thank you again, friends.

Albertese said:
viewpost-right.png

The logo's rim has 23 stars... is that significant?

--Alex

Oh, no. It's just happened.

Thanks for looking.:)

Maybe this is the 23rd planet this agency has explored? or maybe their mission encompasses the exploration of 23 different star systems?

I don't know, it's your story. But I tend to like how many logos have symbolic meaning behind their elements, almost like medieval heraldry.

--Alex

viewpost-right.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My logo has some symbolic meanings about creation of the naure.
But it's nice to know if you project your story on a model or logo I made.
For the modeler of an original thing like me, it is the most honorable achievement.

Katsu-san,

It's so nice come back here and find such a wonderful update from you. Those decals add so much to this build. I have been looking at this while at work and left one of your images up by accident while I took a phone call. A co-worker saw the image on my computer screen and though your Planet Explorer was some kind of Mars rover. They did not realize it was a small scale model. :)

Wow, Randy-san, that's the pleasant happening for me.
Thank you very much for telling me!

May be you will be off duty in a few hours.
I have full 8 hours work to get over.:(

Have a nice day, Randy-san!

katsu

Hi!

Here at the end of this year, I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to all of my friends who support me through the year.

There were many things happened this year but I could get over them.

Thank you very much and I wish all of you may have a happy new year.

Again, thank you very much for your support.

All the best

Katsuhiko Fujihira

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back