Interest Plating-P/C scraped. Possible Anodizing anyone?

Re: Plating/Powder coating

I know it is a very different setup, but if you are preparing to run metal through vats have you considered doing anodizing? It's something most of us don't have the space (or the fume tolerance) to do at home. Even my shop refuses to have anything to do with it.

What the best method of plating for urethane parts, that can withstand staying outdoors? Like a car emblem for instance?

I would be interested if the durability would be good, as I have a project (non prop related) coming up and will need this type of plating.

I know it is a very different setup, but if you are preparing to run metal through vats have you considered doing anodizing? It's something most of us don't have the space (or the fume tolerance) to do at home. Even my shop refuses to have anything to do with it.
Well that would be a huge set up. I am not versed in anodizing but i am familiar with costic etching and desmutter tanks

What the best method of plating for urethane parts, that can withstand staying outdoors? Like a car emblem for instance?

I would be interested if the durability would be good, as I have a project (non prop related) coming up and will need this type of plating.
Ok so you need to get copper on the piece and then either nickel and then chrome or just chrome. This is what i am hoping to branch into. But first i want to start with gold, rhodium...GM

I may have some things I'd be interested in getting somethings done, and you're local! Yea! Oh, any idea about coloured chroming?

You have to coat the plastic parts with a conductive paint (copper is recommended) then you can electroplate it, its possible, but i never found the conductive paint here, or that ships here :(

You have to coat the plastic parts with a conductive paint (copper is recommended) then you can electroplate it, its possible, but i never found the conductive paint here, or that ships here :(
I beleive that this is acheived with powder coating...GM

Hey folks, so after looking into this it would seem to be far to costly for the equipment that i would require for this idea. I will however keep my eyes open for used equipment. Maybe down the road at some point i can get this going. Sorry guys...GM

Been doing alot of research on a set up for anodizing aluminum. Right now i am tracking down equipment for the right price. Would this be a service that would garner interest? GM

You have no idea how long I've been looking for someone who would be doing this. I would definitely have a few pieces to have it done.

All of the Chrome kits I checked out are for types of metals. I need one for fiberglass type armor...anything avail?

All of the Chrome kits I checked out are for types of metals. I need one for fiberglass type armor...anything avail?
I'll try to find out but, you cannot chrome anything that is not steel without plating it first with copper.
So look for copper plating non metallic items. Note with copper plating comes a lot of chemicals and $. There maybe other ways of doing it and I would look via YouTube...GM

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back