POTC: Cursed Aztec Coin (24K Gold Plated)

Buy now for 39 USD
You don't have the permission to purchase
This listing is for replica Aztec Coins as seen in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. These are solid metal, 1:1 scale coins, which have been plated in 24K gold and aged.

The coins themselves are official Disney releases - they originated as game pieces from the 2003 POTC board game, which happen to be the only screen-accurate coins ever released (I believe they were made using the same molds as the original props). These are more accurate than even the high-end licensed Master Replicas versions.

Each coin has then been upgraded for even more accuracy:
  1. The top "point" of the coin was drilled with a tiny hole, so you can add a necklace if you'd like.
  2. The coin was given an acetone bath to remove paint and clear-coating.
  3. The coin was heat-toned to darken the metal and give it an aged, tarnished appearance.
  4. A surface-activation treatment was applied to the coin to provide a smoother plating.
  5. The coin was electroplated in 24k gold.
  6. A paint wash was applied to further age the coin.
In the photos below, I've displayed each coin, along with a corresponding number. You can specify which coin(s) you want when making a purchase. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you for viewing this listing!

DSC_1702b.JPG
DSC_1706b.JPG
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back