Propworx Closing its Doors

I am just wondering why you would try to slug it out on a web forum with people who despise you and are not going to won over with anything you say? No offense but what business man would even care or be on here for this ? Do you think Trump or any real CEO is going to read stuff like this and say OH NO LET ME GET ON THERE AND SAVE MY FORUM REP THEY DON'T LIKE ME ?
Start another company or don't who cares about what people say if your a success you need to convince forum members you did this or that like it matters in real life . Your not going to be making a run at the JY yard with some BSG replicas are you lol.

I am just wondering why you would try to slug it out on a web forum with people who despise you and are not going to won over with anything you say? No offense but what business man would even care or be on here for this ? Do you think Trump or any real CEO is going to read stuff like this and say OH NO LET ME GET ON THERE AND SAVE MY FORUM REP THEY DON'T LIKE ME ?
Start another company or don't who cares about what people say if your a success you need to convince forum members you did this or that like it matters in real life . Your not going to be making a run at the JY yard with some BSG replicas are you lol.

Maybe the fact that this board is one of the promotional platforms for Alec & his business has something to do with the reason why he is on here in the first place.

If a negative $400,000 (not out of his own pocket), or the previous sale of $16 million Alec mentioned is not Alecs' real life, I sure would like to have a hobby that makes that much money :lol

So in essence, yes, internet forum or not, in these transactions, this is Alecs' real life.

(As a side-note, I do find the repeating analogy to Donald Trump rather amusing though).

I am more than certain, on my part at least, that me telling Alec that I think he is treating his creditors with a cavalier attitude is not going to make him loose any sleep.

That hardly qualifies as 'slugging', and I doubt Alec has that much of a thin skin in the first place.

As I said before, it is abnormal to assume that when a company owner in these circumstances addresses an audience out of his own free will, it is there only to say what one wishes to hear, and particularly in a case like this, that such questions will not be asked.

What were the circumstances that eventually led to bankruptcy in the first place ? Where did those $400,000 go ?

Essentially, Propworx did not produce a product.

This makes these very questions, in conjunction with my first paragraph above, all the more valid.

Last edited:
Alan I didn't mean you as one of the sluggers . Think you know who he has been mud wrestling with thats an easy one :) I disagree still with this forum being a tell all platform. He is bust why post it and expect nothing but well wishes ? Great you had some auctions that did well . Alec sorry man you are not an innovator of the auction world or prop sales let it go . Many have come before many will come after, some have done much better thats why they are still around . You did not create an idea or system no ones heard of . So what you had nice flyers printed up that means nothing its an advertising tool . You went bust and can't account fort a half million bucks so some people think you used this little start up company and yes its little as your personal piggy bank thats not going to change please understand this . People are going to have an opinion on your business practice thats differs from yours . Cas may have a point in this being your life because you must enjoy this in some way but for the life of me I can't figure why.

I think this thread needs to be retitled Propworx re-opening or start a new one.

I will ring the opening bell as soon as all fighters take their corners! ;)

I think this thread needs to be retitled Propworx re-opening or start a new one.

I will ring the opening bell as soon as all fighters take their corners! ;)

LOL funny you say that. I just got an email from Propworx stating it is listing 50 lots of BSG,Caprica etc items on Ebay

Where did those $400,000 go ?
Well, with questions like this ... it does seem to me to confirm that the true intent of this line of questioning is to carry out a witch hunt hoping to find misconduct on the part of Alec or just imply wrongdoing on his part ... which is unfortunate and mean spirited in nature, in my honest opinion. Wouldn't one have to think that all of the bank records and financial transactions of the company would be reviewed by the trustee to ensure everything was above board before the bankruptcy petition was granted? And since it was granted - can we not conclude that everything was above board? I'm not an expert on bankruptcy law at all; but I'm sure I've read that these types of reviews do take place and the petitioner's conduct has to be in order (no fraud, etc.) for everything to be approved by the court ... for instance, on a personal basis, one cannot charge one's credit card up to the limit on luxuries and transfer assets to a relative for safekeeping and then declare bankruptcy the next day to avoid that credit card debt. The bankruptcy would not be granted if improper conduct was evident. And I would have to think that there are tons of legitimate areas where money would be spent to fund the ongoing operations of the company - including rental of office / warehouse space, marketing, payroll for several employees, shipping, etc. Continued ill-intentioned questioning really just tarnishes the reputation of the questioner - not Alec or Propworx.

Well, with questions like this ... it does seem to me to confirm that the true intent of this line of questioning is to carry out a witch hunt hoping to find misconduct on the part of Alec or just imply wrongdoing on his part ... which is unfortunate and mean spirited in nature, in my honest opinion. Wouldn't one have to think that all of the bank records and financial transactions of the company would be reviewed by the trustee to ensure everything was above board before the bankruptcy petition was granted? And since it was granted - can we not conclude that everything was above board? I'm not an expert on bankruptcy law at all; but I'm sure I've read that these types of reviews do take place and the petitioner's conduct has to be in order (no fraud, etc.) for everything to be approved by the court ... for instance, on a personal basis, one cannot charge one's credit card up to the limit on luxuries and transfer assets to a relative for safekeeping and then declare bankruptcy the next day to avoid that credit card debt. The bankruptcy would not be granted if improper conduct was evident. And I would have to think that there are tons of legitimate areas where money would be spent to fund the ongoing operations of the company - including rental of office / warehouse space, marketing, payroll for several employees, shipping, etc. Continued ill-intentioned questioning really just tarnishes the reputation of the questioner - not Alec or Propworx.

I don't think people who ask legitimate questions should feel their reputation is being tarnished.

You say there "are tons of legitimate areas where money would be spent to fund the ongoing operations of the company - including rental of office / warehouse space, marketing, payroll for several employees, shipping, etc."
Agreed. So it is safe to say the whole operation was poorly managed.

I can only hope history does not repeat itself.
James

gbg1701, re-read my post #108, #117 & #122.

I have made the reasons behind my questions amply clear in those posts.

Those questions still stand.

I'm not at all taking sides here but it just dawned on me......"is there a point to all this?" Nothing anyone says here is going to stop Propworx from continuing doing business. I see no point in all this back and forth mud slinging and arguing....things are what they are and nothings going to change anything......just my 2 cents.

Morals or ethics-wise aside...no crimes, in the eyes of the U.S Laws, have been committed. Simply put, if you don't like Propworx then don't ever do business with them......and vise-versa if you do like Propworx.

Last edited:
TymerDC, Good point about "no crimes, in the eyes of the U.S. Laws, have been committed" as certainly the bankruptcy petition was approved which it would not have been if there was misconduct evident. And also, I personally don't think that mismanagement or incompetence is an issue either; as we can look at Alec's very successful track record with prior companies. So he has proven that he can successfully handle the day to day issues of running diverse businesses. But - as I mentioned earlier - I suspect that defining the scope of Propworx's suppliers to be just major production studios for specialized auctions focusing on a single television series or feature film - could have significantly limited the potential for future business. How often would one expect opportunities to arise where a major production studio wanted to auction all of its assets from a single popular TV show? I think that defining that narrow a source of auction material truly had the best interests of the collector in mind to ensure the absolute authenticity of the memorabilia that was sold - but it certainly prevented Propworx from holding a regular quarterly or more frequent auction schedule. I suspect that they might have been able to hold many more auctions and perhaps not filed for bankruptcy if they were willing to accept auction memorabilia from thousands of individual consignors - but that would have compromised the impeccable provenance of the memorabilia. So you could say that Alec erred on the side of wanting to provide impeccable product to his customers - is that the fault the questioners are trying to bring to light? I honestly think that questioning private business affairs like this, and asking all these questions which truly seem to be an attempt to uncover wrongdoing, come across as ill intentioned. Or based on a preconception of guilt. And finding someone guilty until proven innocent is not an admirable characteristic that would reflect positively on one's reputation. (That's not to say that one shouldn't question apparent wrongdoing -- but there are no reasonable grounds to assume wrongdoing here at all.)

Last edited:
gbg1701, I am starting to equate your passion in defending Alec Peters on the same lines as Don Hillenbrand’s attacks on him.

Unless you are speaking on Alecs’ behalf, I would have a discussion directly with him, and not you.

What you think my reasons are, or what you think of me, is totally irrelevant to me.

I have answered you already. Once again, re-read my post #108, #117 & #122.

There is absolutely no point in me replying any further to your jabs and speculations.

TymerDC, Good point about "no crimes, in the eyes of the U.S. Laws, have been committed" as certainly the bankruptcy petition was approved which it would not have been if there was misconduct evident. And also, I personally don't think that mismanagement or incompetence is an issue either; as we can look at Alec's very successful track record with prior companies. So he has proven that he can successfully handle the day to day issues of running diverse businesses. But - as I mentioned earlier - I suspect that defining the scope of Propworx's suppliers to be just major production studios for specialized auctions focusing on a single television series or feature film - could have significantly limited the potential for future business. How often would one expect opportunities to arise where a major production studio wanted to auction all of its assets from a single popular TV show? I think that defining that narrow a source of auction material truly had the best interests of the collector in mind to ensure the absolute authenticity of the memorabilia that was sold - but it certainly prevented Propworx from holding a regular quarterly or more frequent auction schedule. I suspect that they might have been able to hold many more auctions and perhaps not filed for bankruptcy if they were willing to accept auction memorabilia from thousands of individual consignors - but that would have compromised the impeccable provenance of the memorabilia. So you could say that Alec erred on the side of wanting to provide impeccable product to his customers - is that the fault the questioners are trying to bring to light? I honestly think that questioning private business affairs like this, and asking all these questions which truly seem to be an attempt to uncover wrongdoing, come across as ill intentioned. Or based on a preconception of guilt. And finding someone guilty until proven innocent is not an admirable characteristic that would reflect positively on one's reputation. (That's not to say that one shouldn't question apparent wrongdoing -- but there are no reasonable grounds to assume wrongdoing here at all.)

Then as I said before.......just don't do business with Propworx. Nohting you said weather your right or wrong is going to have any effect one way or the other.......don't you think all the energy your expelling here could be put to better use?

gbg1701, I am starting to equate your passion in defending Alec Peters on the same lines as Don Hillenbrand’s attacks on him.

Unless you are speaking on Alecs’ behalf, I would have a discussion directly with him, and not you.

What you think my reasons are, or what you think of me, is totally irrelevant to me.

I have answered you already. Once again, re-read my post #108, #117 & #122.

There is absolutely no point in me replying any further to your jabs and speculations.

Alan: I wouldn't judge 4 or 5 posts over a couple of days on my part to be the equivalent of numerous posts on multiple threads on multiple forums over a period of many months. But I am sorry if I am offending you in any way by my comments. I did read your previous posts in this thread and what I understood from them was that you formed an opinion that Alec has a cavalier attitude or demeanor which doesn't appeal to you and that you feel it's appropriate or natural for these types of questions to come about - and to me, I don't see reasonable grounds in those remarks to support character defamation or implications of misconduct. I'm certainly not answering in any official capacity on behalf of Alec - just contributing my own thoughts as have many other forum members who expressed dissatisfaction with all the one sided attacks on Alec in this public venue. I don't think you are not a high integrity individual; but I think it's clear on this issue you seem to believe there is a greater justification for asking questions than I do. And also, Alec is really under no obligation to discuss the minutiae of Propworx's operations with you - hope you understand that it's really none of your or my business.

Gerald

Last edited:
I think it's clear on this issue you seem to believe there is a greater justification for asking questions than I do.

Indeed I do.

But that's great. We agree to disagree, and I'll leave it at that.

Ah the joys of expressing and respecting mutual opinions :thumbsup

We need a new emotion button for shooting myself in the head. This argument has gone on way too long!!

suicide.gif

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back