[PROTOTYPE] game costume still awesome?

pr3dato8

Hey,

the video game prototype 2 is coming out next year so i decided to bring this up.

Has anyone made or is planning to make the Alex Mercer's outfit from the game [PROTOTYPE]???

I found a really accurate Alex Mercer's jacket on sale:

175_prototype_replica_jackets_01.jpg
175_prototype_alex_mercer_jacket_02.jpg

Its a nice leather jacket and looks exactly the same as in the game...but is it wanted?

Tell me guys what you think. Would you still want to dress up as Alex Mercer or is there better stuff outta there these days? :)

If my brain still functions and I can read well this is real leather :)

I found this on "Soul Revolver" website :)

it delivers to UK, Europe and USA for very little

and it has a virtual fitting room where you enter your measurements and BAM! it shows you how differently sized jackets will sit on you :)

as for the attachements I might try and make some but most likely ill just get a hoodie with this jacket and walk around the streets feelin good lol ;)

not bad. theres a company based in aussie called polotix who make leather jackets from new zealand-sourced leather, they do a lot of stuff like that too, but without things like the embroidery. thats really the only thing i don't like about it unfortunately!

cool jacket! i enjoyed that game from start to finish,and it is really cool that the 2nd installment of the game will come out soon. I like the hammer fists more than the blade though. :)

^this is pretty much how I feel, the jacket is awesome and it looks cool but it is pricey, even for a leather jacket.

however i do have some money saved up so maybe ill buy it in a week or so and maybe i can then post some pics of me wearing it lol :)

the game is really awesome. I played it on PC in 2008 and I now bought it for ps3 :) and the 2nd one is coming to us in 2012...that is if we wont die then ;)

p.s. the soul revolver makes other leather jackets as well, i saw some iron man ones (what Tony Stark wears when he drives) so its a pretty neat website :)

Well I worked out the size for me, Small...lol :) i am mostl likely to buy this jacket next week.

What is really drawing me back is the fact that the say that you shouldng get their leather jackets wet, and if you do you need to wipe off the liquid of off the jacket and then leave it to dry naturally at room temp:

is that normal for leather jackets or is this is just sh*tty leather???

They're just being cautious. It would be a good idea to treat it with something before wearing it in rain, but in my experience water never really does any harm to leather if you're careful with how you let it dry.

That's a pretty nice jacket.

I made one a few years back along with a blade arm and debuted it at Dragoncon. I modifed an existing jacket I bought for $60 off ebay then modded it and painted the emblem on with leather paint. The hoodie collar was also custom made. I always felt his hoodie collar combo was brown and apparently so did Neca with their figure. I based most my research off that figure and in-game footage.

Now that Prototype 2 is coming out I'll probably do it again as well. I've seen another person do the full bio armor and that was pretty impressive. I really enjoyed the game, best of luck if you do decide to do it!

Cosplay.com - Alex Mercer - Alcades

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2259-1.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

Thanks. Sure I'd love to share a little info on it. It was a low tech idea as I'm not very familiar with prothetic construction but perhaps another can build upon and improve on my ideas.

Give me a day or two to sort it out in my head properly (So it doesn't sound too jumbled) and I'll post another some tips on how I made it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back