Question for 501st Troopers...

HAL9000

Sr Member
I was showing my brother some SW websites the other day when we happened upon pictures of the 501st Troopers. Anyway, I mentioned
that they are all very accurate costumes and membership of the 501st is
quite a tough call because of the attention to detail and quality expected
of members.

So...then my brother points to a picture of the troopers and says
that's not screen accurate. "what do you mean?" i say.
"the logo mark thing on the arm".

My question is 'do 501st TK's have to have the mark on the chest / arm
and do you have a back up / alternative piece of the costume that doesn't
have it for different occasions?'

or is it maybe an easily removed / applied decal?

We wear a patch on the shoulder bell. Left.

However in Rose Parade they used it on right side because it was where the camera was.

But all military use it on the left side.
If your veteran you can wear it on the right side.

The patch makes it better at international cons or big cons to difirenciate the variouse countries or garrisons attending.

If you reffer to the black markings / text, then that is the TK-Number of the wearer.

Some do so because it is a way of identifying their garrison and they are proud.

I haven't trooped much, but I've seen plenty who haven't worn any sort of mark or decal.

Alot of the guys in my Garrison (while I was in Vegas anyways) wore patches but at "official" events they were generally removed to be canon.

Depends on your definition of accuracy, I guess. Everywhere I go, people ask me if the suit is screen used, so I'd call that fairly accurate.

As for patches, there are no rules requiring anything like that. Most people don't have anything along those lines.

Scott

most troopers in the 501st have GT or FX costumes... very inaccurate... but ther are some AP, and TE troopers out there who are very accurate. I try to keep my costume as accurate as possible... down to each rivit... no decal or patch for me. :)

most troopers in the 501st have GT or FX costumes... very inaccurate... but ther are some AP, and TE troopers out there who are very accurate. I try to keep my costume as accurate as possible... down to each rivit... no decal or patch for me. :)
well thats mostly because not every trooper is the same size or weight, and can afford the AP or the TE. An AP isnt gonna fit me, so I had to go with an FX that I shimmed. I went as accurate as I could, blue stripes, humbrol grey frown, green flat lenses.

Definitely not when trooping 99% of all official events. At Cons and such, I say anything goes... it's all in good fun anyway.

I have a huge head, so it's FX or nothing for my noggin.

In the Rose Parade, LFL had us wear Garrison patches on one shoulder and a Rose Parade patch on the other. That's the only time I wore any patches on my armor.

Scott

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back