Interest Raiders Smith and Wesson M1917 Replica

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanted to see if there are other Indy collectors who would love to see Field Marshall make either an anodized aluminum, or preferably steel replica of the Smith and Wesson M1917 Hand Ejector Pistol? I know it's a long shot, but given his ability to replicate parts from genuine firearms, I know the accuracy would be out of this world. The airsoft versions that are available are nice, but difficult to import into the U.S. I'm aware of Sarednab's Pewter- mixed metal replica and a handful of others that have been made over the years, but we haven't seen a regularly stocked full metal replica before and I, for one, think there's a market for this pistol for die hard collectors.

I've got replicas of this pistol, and they're really good, but to have a full metal version would be even better. It's one of the last props I dream of adding to my collection and I don't have the knowledge, license (or budget) to add a real pistol to my gear. I'd happily pay $900 or so for a full steel or anodized aluminum version from Blaster Factory, as it would be the pinnacle of replicas for me.

What do you all think?

Interest List:

1. Psab Keel

Last edited:
I wasn't aware. Do you need a gun license to own a deactivated?

The other thing is not having to deal with any potential legal restrictions for owning or shipping a real firearm, deactivated or not. If it's an inert replica I'd pay more than have to deal with the potential headache of getting the real thing.

Last edited:

The other thing is not having to deal with any potential legal restrictions for owning or shipping a real firearm, deactivated or not. If it's an inert replica I'd pay more than have to deal with the potential headache of getting the real thing.
I don't know your location and local restrictions...also, what 1917 are you after ? The barrel band version or plain

Last edited:
I'm in NY. I don't know enough about firearms to know the difference between those two. Lol. I'm a total noob. I just want an accurate metal replica for my gear.

I'm in NY. I don't know enough about firearms to know the difference between those two. Lol. I'm a total noob. I just want an accurate metal replica for my gear.
Look like NY has extensive crazy rules on even toy guns...I can't advise as I'm not familiar enough ! You'll have to research it...good luck

I have been looking into deactivating a clone Colt I have. It’s chambered in LC and I’ll never shoot it. But everything I’ve read in the US, there is no such thing as a deactivated revolver or no guidelines for it

I have been looking into deactivating a clone Colt I have. It’s chambered in LC and I’ll never shoot it. But everything I’ve read in the US, there is no such thing as a deactivated revolver or no guidelines for it
ask a registered FFL Gunsmith to De-Mill the gun and give you a written report on work carried out...it should then be classed as de-activated. Check that de-acs are within your local state and area legislation. Your FFL should know. This IS NOT lawful or binding advice ! Just a suggestion...

Why de-ac your Colt revolver anyhow ?
I almost had a heart attack after reading that too but he said "clone" haha.

Also, if anybody reading this is thinking of butchering a vintage Mauser to make a DL-44, please don't. Just use a replica instead.

Psab keel Hit up Gun Broker. You might find a vintage one at a decent price not much more than you're thinking a Field Marshall one would cost. Just make sure you know your local state, county, and city regulations before making a purchase. Even though the old Smith and Wesson revolvers are perfectly legal firearms to own, some states make you jump through hoops anyway.

Thanks Ron. I'll have to check that out. The thing is NYC is very, very strict on firearms, deactivated firearms, and even toys/ replicas that look like them. I'd just as soon purchase a replica from Field Marshall as it wouldn't necessarily have to be declared in any way because it would be a domestic transaction.

Thanks Ron. I'll have to check that out. The thing is NYC is very, very strict on firearms, deactivated firearms, and even toys/ replicas that look like them. I'd just as soon purchase a replica from Field Marshall as it wouldn't necessarily have to be declared in any way because it would be a domestic transaction.
Yeah, New York is annoying. Though revolvers, especially antique ones, are probably less regulated. But yeah, if Field Marshall just made them, it would be a lot easier. Hey, maybe we could get him to make a Webley & Scott revolver with the bird's head grip too. Those don't come up often.

I almost had a heart attack after reading that too but he said "clone" haha.

Also, if anybody reading this is thinking of butchering a vintage Mauser to make a DL-44, please don't. Just use a replica instead.

Psab keel Hit up Gun Broker. You might find a vintage one at a decent price not much more than you're thinking a Field Marshall one would cost. Just make sure you know your local state, county, and city regulations before making a purchase. Even though the old Smith and Wesson revolvers are perfectly legal firearms to own, some states make you jump through hoops anyway.
I wouldn't deac any gun unless I absolutely had to !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back