"Real" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle - Update 5.2.15

Re: "Real" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle - Painting 01.13.14

That will look absolutely SICK. I really wish I had a place in the house to put one when you get to that point.

Thanks again! There's actually a thread to gauge interest on busts or masks over in the junkyard, but I don't think there's much as it's not a film replica. I think I'll likely do a run regardless, but perhaps limited (numbered?) and likely finished to discourage recasting.

Hey, I would be interested in getting a bust. But I can't seem to find the thread in the Junkyard. Would you be able to link me? Looking amazing, by the way!

Wow! thats gotta be the best interpretation of the TMNT I have ever seen! keep up the good work!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the interest. This project is just on one of its regular hiatuses - other work has been too busy to allow for turtle time, since he doesn't have a deadline.

I do still intend to offer them, but I'll likely sell busts one at a time as I finish them rather than doing an open run. That way I'd only be selling product in hand, and each buyer could consider that specific bust's paint and other styling/accessories.

This should have been the design for any live action movie. Incredible.

Freaking amazing!
as for the bandana... i would use old washed fabric with grunge edges... dont make it to clean. It will be sick!!

Something like this:

leo.jpg

The fabric will definitely be weathered to match the creature, but I have to admit that the thick contoured bandanas that they wear in the films have always bothered me. Mine will be thin and definitely sit flush against the face.

I'm probably dating myself here, but my childhood Leo also wore a red mask ;)

Ok, I just read through this entire thread and I have to say I am inspired, amazed and completely dumbstruck by this. I'm still really new to all this but holy crap THIS IS AMAZING!

Thanks so much! My buddy gave me my first airbrush lesson last week. Still looking at how to best finish these and looking at a potential run.

I remember that thread from back in the days .. When I began scouting this forum and I just went over it again!!! Amazing sculpt! That's the reason why I joined the RPF right here...

I love that paint job too .. I'd even push a little more yellow below the neck! And the shell, strap and katana handle screams to be repro'ed too! :)

I'd love to hear about a cast if you wanna send me some details in PM. I'd like to work the details!

Cheers,
Al

Thanks very much!

Here's a mockup of how I'd like to finish this first bust off:

Holy ... this is an incredible rendition of a Ninja Turtle. It's not creepy at all—your wife is nuts. Lots of talent went into this one! Will keep my eye on this to see how it finishes up. Can't wait.

Highly appreciate to the creator of this masterpiece who made it look exceptional. Westies14, love the work by your wife, seems to be a great observer. Nice post.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back