REF PICS OF THE AT-AT

Steve,

Disagree with me all you want, that's fine. You are building the Walker the way you see it.
icon_smile.gif

I didn't do an overlay in photoshop, I had the actual model to go by and the ATATron is too wide along its whole length.

As for the Leopard grills, parts A25, and A26 they're still not cut down enough. The front grill from the M16 Motor Carriage overlaps the second verticle set of grills (from the outside edge) at their mid point and since the M16 is a wholly unaltered part that means the Leopard grills have to be cut down to fit.

There are pictures of the MR prototype on Rebelscum.com that clearly show the orientation in the rear tub.

Only trying to help.

Barry

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Saberlicious wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
I can tell you that the rear engine area where the butt tub is located, is too wide at the top and at the bottom.

They would never fit in the studio miniature if used as you have them.
Barry
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Steves grills are cut just like the miniature and fit fine.

The top width is just fine, as Steve mentioned the grills are cut eactly as the SS miniture, so the width top is pretty much dead on.

My grills are cut and in the same place as ILM did to place them and it looks identical.

Definatly the lengthen is off.

Lynn

I looks at all the work that you guys have been putting on the ATATRON and it still astounds me that Ronny built this thing, 10 years ago, before all the Star wars reference books came out.

All he had to go with was disecting the movie on PAUSE, the art of ESB, and a blown up cross section from a magasine.

He had a lot of curage to make every single peice FROM SCRATCH !!!!!

Pat

I second that! It is a great kit! With a little work... ok.. maybe more than a little :) it will turn out to be a fantastic example of the AT-AT. Out of the box its better than anything else out there, thanks Ronny!

Steve

Just a quick hello. You guys have too much fun with this AT-AT building...having a scale AT-AT would be a dream...wish I had the time but I don't even have anywhere near the dedication.
icon_frown.gif
I've read this entire thread...amazing the work that goes into one of these puppies. What I was going to ask is...it seems that people are building articulated AT-ATs...I think it would be terrific if someone tried some stop-motion animation work with their 20" model...with digital cameras and CGI backgrounds it would be great
icon_biggrin.gif

icon_cheers.gif

Thomas
vader.gif

How's everyones progress coming along?? Has anyone actually finished one of these?

I'm nearing the home strech on mine....
I just gotta finish the legs, feet, and neck then it is done.

This has been one fun and long project....

Lynn

I could really use some help here! Can anybody ID the gun rail parts!? I've been searching high and low without any luck.
icon_frown.gif
I know this is the MR kit but I asume they have used the correct parts.

gun-rails.jpg

Please help a fellow builder out!
icon_smile.gif

Steve.

Steve:

Where did the detail shots of the MR AT-AT come from? Where they posted somewhere, or are they being privately circulated?

Last edited:
Ivanhotep wrote:
Steve:

Where did the detail shots of the MR AT-AT come from? Where they posted somewhere, or are they being privately circulated?

Cheers,

Paul

No, It was posted on web. Can't remember where though.
Anybody have any info about the parts?

Steve.

Ivanhotep wrote:

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2004-mr.asp

Hi Steve,

You might consider pm'ing board member Saberlicious - didn't he work on the MR version?

stonky

OK, I know this thread will probably lose a lot of interest now when MR is getting ready to release their walker but I'm still continuing my walker and I know Lynn is going strong too!
icon_smile.gif

Anyway, it's been ages since I showed any progress so here's some! The hull is now completly finsihed and primed. As you can see all panels have been changed and every singel detail have been replaced with kit bashed parts (hopfully most of them are from the correct kits).
What do you think!

primed-hull-1.jpg

primed-hull-2.jpg

primed-hull-3.jpg

primed-hull-4.jpg

primed-hull-5.jpg

primed-hull-6.jpg

Now I'm off pre-shading this beast!
icon_smile.gif

Steve.

Looks great Steve!! I don't think that this thread will die, as there's quite a few of us here that are planning ( I hope) to finish the ATATRon... and it's been a great source of inspiration and reference for myself as well as others I'm sure!

Looking great, Steve!

As someone who's just venturing into studio-scale modeling, I would really love to see and hear about your pre-shading and other painting techniques.
icon_wink.gif

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back