Interest Rocketeer jetpack

hikz

I have been working on this project for a while and am almost ready to start making some kits available and wanted to gauge interest.
The main pack in the picture cold cast aluminium,
The kit would come with everything needed to complete the pack except the leather harness.
Price wise I'm looking at £450-500 plus shipping .

PicsArt_05-23-10.28.37.jpg

20170122_161939.jpg

20170122_161927.jpg

20170122_161911.jpg

PicsArt_05-24-06.21.58.jpg

WOW that is gorgeous, I'd love one of these unfortunately for now it's out of my budget, good luck with the interest but I doubt you will need any luck ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know very little about this prop but I've always loved it!

How accurate is your kit? Do you offer them finished? Have you sourced the leather parts?

thanks!

Definitely interested, this is the next thing on my Holy Grail of props list, but wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on something like this until probably summer at the earliest. Also interested in finishing options, or how much work would be required to finish it. I haven't picked up the Acme kit because it's far beyond my skill level.

Yes I can certainly offer finished packs. Until I do the first pack I won't know exactly the cost but it I'd estimate around £100.

I won't take any money upfront for any kits or finished packs until they are ready to ship.

Definitely at the top of my grail piece list. What sort of time frame are we looking at here? Currently not working, but hope to hear back on a good job this week. Always tax refund in another month, make this my one big expenditure from that :)

Time wise I'm looking at 6-7 weeks before the first pack would be ready. I'm going to keep it to a small run of 10 packs to start.

Pls put me down as interested... Depending on cost, for a finished one... but definitely a kit nonetheless...

The packs are not 100% accurate but they are really close. I did manage to get some measurements of an acme pack so the scale is real close.
The main pack is cold cast aluminium with a fibre glass base. I'm not actually casting these parts as I have RSpropmasters making these from the moulds they made off my original master. Anyone who knows who these guys are will know the quality of their work.The smaller grills and vents are all 3d printed by me.
PicsArt_1427317264258.jpg
FB_IMG_1464387033306.jpg
FB_IMG_1485206959772.jpgFB_IMG_1485207013595.jpg
FB_IMG_1485207072897.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back