Rose Dawson Drawing - Titanic

Thanks mrsmartypants.
Yeah, I've attempted to contact Paula Payne twice before about the drawings. I used the email on her resume on IMDB but no answer as of yet. I haven't looked at Spoke.
As far as the reference photo, I think whitehammer will be able to find what I'm looking for in the movie. I'm sure the drawing was done from a still in The Accused. Even if he doesn't find the exact moment, I'm sure he could find something pretty close and I think that movie is going to be our best bet (approximate age, hairstyle, facial expression). The rest I could get off the frame of the drawing that you posted and get it pretty close to perfect.

I PMd you her contact info and website from her resume on spoke. Good luck!

a3c1a172.jpg

5a123aea.jpg

Wow, looks nice! Who doesn't want a picture like this of Kate Winslet?

Awesome stuff. My friend framed this for me years ago and stated that he got to see one of the original props of that pic he thought it was around 8-9" x 11

And done.

I'll be the first to admit, its not perfect. Fun to do though. I might draw the rest of his portfolio before trying Hannibal's cell drawings.

285c7747.jpg

f26abed5.jpg

1fd89f2d.jpg

Glad you both dig it. I had no idea how hard it would be to mimic another artist's drawing style. To just draw a subject in your own hand is one thing but to try to copy shading techniques and pencil strokes was tougher than I thought it would be.
Nice job!
Are you going to put up an interest thread in the JY? (hint)

I wouldn't even know what to charge for it man. It took just under twenty hours of sitting time to finish. Even at minimum wage the price would seem high to me. $20 Lithographs would seem the right thing to do but I think the actual media (graphite) in which its drawn would be what's desired here.

I don't know. I'll have to think about that. Maybe a trade would be an easier choice.

Last edited:
Glad you both dig it. I had no idea how hard it would be to mimic another artist's drawing style. To just draw a subject in your own hand is one thing but to try to copy shading techniques and pencil strokes was tougher than I thought it would be.

I wouldn't even know what to charge for it man. It took just under twenty hours of sitting time to finish. Even at minimum wage the price would seem high to me. $20 Lithographs would seem the right thing to do but I think the actual media (graphite) in which its drawn would be what's desired here.

I don't know. I'll have to think about that. Maybe a trade would be an easier choice.

I'd be in for a trade. :thumbsup

Well, my ultimate goal is to score a Han in Carbonite. I've been hangin' around here and coveting all the HIC WIPs and full front panel sales for a awhile now.

I'd be happy with a fiberglass front panel like the one acid burn is selling until I can build the full prop. I'll draw as many of these (and Hannibal's cell drawings) needed to accomplish it. Shoot me a PM if you think you can help.

I can't even post in the JY yet. I didn't want to spam post the forums just to get there.

Last edited:
I'm not going to wait on this. Clarice is next.

The final piece will be 18X22. I'll probably start a new thread for this one when the actual drawing starts.

Last edited:
I think the Clarice pic is cool, but I'd love the Duomo personally. Of course, I have no Han in Carbonite so yea sorry. I do like to follow this thread and your work is great. Very cool to see what you'll do next.

Thanks msstencil. Yeah, I plan on doing the Duomo as well. I could do it from the photos available of the actual building online but it really should be of Lecter's drawing. I'll see if I can get a pic of it next month at the museum. Incidentally, I'm just saving up for the HIC.

Yeah Jameth, when I'm ready to post in the JY I'll give you a shout. I would probably offer the Clarice and Duomo as lithographs to keep the price down but I could draw 10 or so Roses by hand and offer those at a little higher price if the interest is there.

The wife's hands worked out perfectly. It's coming along.

Last edited:
I would definitely be interested in a lithograph of the Duomo, and hopefully that would help your HIC fund! Just give me a shot when you are getting it wrapped up. Hopefully my money will be ready. Thanks.

Cool!! I know the original (there were apparently 3 or 4 hand drawn by Cameron for the movie), one sold recently at Premiere Props auction and reach I think over $10K

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back