RS Prop Masters Scout Trooper Helmet Question

Yes, the nose has changed. I bought the fiberglass Red Label helmet in 2020, then I replaced it with the ABS version last year.

The new snout is cast from a screen used one. The screen used helmet that the RS helmet is based on came with a prototype snout that was very different to the on-screen one. They later acquired the correct screen used snout piece. Personally, I prefer the old one as there are a lot of casting imperfections on the lineage one. Some of it may be present on the screen used one, some of it may be actual molding and casting imperfections from RS. I emailed RS to send me the old version as a replacement, which I compare in the images.

The old one has the main greeble cast from the found kit part with a custom sculpted base. The mic tip is also a bigger on the lineage one and a different sculpt. The two concave semicircles are less pronounced on the lineage piece.

IMG_20220913_182750.jpgIMG_20220913_182937.jpgFB_IMG_1713190681368.jpg

Last edited:
The snout is the vertical grey part over the mouth/chin area. I'm not exactly sure what specific area is meant by "around the nose" in the review. It could just be lighting differences. Shadows can look sharper or less sharp with different lighting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back