Salzo 37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica - with a twist!

I want to take a moment to mention the airbrush I used for the kit. This was a Paasche Talon TG. Comes standard with a 0.38 needle and tip. Good for close in work. However because the kit is so large it would take forever to cover the entire model. Rather than using an Aerosol can I used Paasche's T3 Series of nozzles and needles. These are a huge size of 0.66mm. Great for spraying primer on very large areas with excellent control. The Fan cap TAF-3 was particularly useful in spraying broad areas as it provides a wide Fan spray pattern similar to a automotive spray gun. I would also highly recommend this airbrush over an Iwata, good control, very easy to clean and the needle tip is significantly larger making loosing it much harder.

Paasche Talon TG
TAF-3 Fan Cap
TA-3 Air Cap
TT-3 Tip (0.66mm)
TN-3 Needle (0.66mm)

2019-06-23 09.15.10.jpg

T3 Fan.JPG

That's nice info on the Paasche TG. I have an Iwata Revolution. It is my first airbrush, and I am quite happy with it, even taking into account I don't have any prior experience and can't really compare with anything else. But the interchangeable nozzle sizes on the Paasche sound quite good, especially if (like yourself) you work on both larger and smaller scales. Thanks!

yes, the paasche is under-rated in my opinion. Especially with the fan spray. Massive coverage of around 3 inches in one pass if wanted. Great for base coating or overall primer. Much finer than an aerosol can and doesn't seam to obliterate detail. That was my big worry since there wasn't going to be weathering. I wanted to preserve as much detail and panel lines but not take a zillion years to airbrush.

I have always used Paasche, mainly only because of availability. But I recently purchased a Talon, and it blows their old models away.

TazMan2000

Hello everyone! I've been an avid admirer of everyone's fantastic work. I am nowhere near the talent that you all are. But I try. This is my first build thread.

To be brief, a few years ago I was very fortunate to obtain the TOS Galactica from Mike Salzo. It was a very pleasant experience dealing with Mike. And a great kit.

This is the first full resin kit, and the first kit I have done in over 20 years. I have been slowly working on my rendition of the Galactica and wanted to give it a few personal touches. Most of the "twists" as I call them, are internal so I am sure you can appreciate the effort.

Like many before who have built Mike's kit I wanted to make him proud and give her justice by providing her
with proper support. Giving the build a bit of a unique twist I have fabricated an internal skeleton from Aluminum, and this is the foundation of the build. I will let the pics help start the story. Please, any feedback is encouraged and appreciated.

Patrick

View attachment 976865

My apologies if anyone has addressed this already, but where the support pipe is located, it looks like underneath it are a couple of cracks in the resin. Am I simply seeing this wrong?

No Cracks in the resin top or bottom that I am aware of. Can you point them out in any of the images? I appreciate the help.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back