Scout class shuttle

NAZGÛL

Sr Member
Hi everyone. Heres one of the projects Im working on at the moment.

I started to mess with some old kits I had on the bench. One of them was the Lambda class shuttle. I wanted to make it more "Empire looking", not sleak and pretty.

The idea is to combine the Lambda shuttle with the TIE shuttle, taking the design elements from both. It is smaller and more moveable than the Lambda or Imperial landing craft, yet bigger and better armoured/shielded than the TIE/sh. It could be used in Scout missions with the need for a smaller yet armoured vessel. I also thought of the boats used in the Normandy Landings with the heavy front armour.

sshtop.jpg

sshsida.jpg

sshbak.jpg

sshunder.jpg

sshcp2.jpg

sshcp1.jpg

Thanks for watching!:)

Thanks guys! I put on some primer today. The cockpit isnt glued, just there to show shape and proportions.

LOL theres a galactic space fly on the last pic.:eek:lol

sshp2.jpg

sshp3.jpg

sshp4.jpg

sshp1.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks REL and tk1565!

Time for a update.:D

I have made front armor plates and front guns. They are basically single barrel versions of the Lambda version. I gave them long barrels and added details to make it more unique. Its a little hard to make it very familiar, but still new.
07282.jpg

07281.jpg

I also wanted it to have rear gun for the TIE hatch. I combined TIE parts with a rebuilt Lambda wing gun. The idea is that the rear gun is like the MF guns used by Han and Luke in ANH.
07284.jpg

To give it resemblence to the Lambda, I decided to make it a single engine verion but still use the Lambda design. I had a lot of variants for this, but they all went disharmonic or overdesigned and not in line with the TIE/Lambda design.
07283.jpg

I have added details here and there. I made simple "dorsal wing mounts"
072805.jpg

Tomorrow Im off to buy resistors and start lightning it. :D

Thanks for looking!

I just finished wiring the shuttle up and i will start the assembling tomorrow. I decided to go with Lambda blue engines and white cockpit light.

Thanks!

scoutljus.jpg

Ok. I finally took some time and did the final touches on the Scout Shuttle.

Its my first airbrush paint job, and I aimed for the Tyderium look, with a few random dodgy dark grey TIE-In spots, (a look that I love!).

Its painted black first and after painting it I used steel wool to get a deep and used effect. Its hard on these smaller scales as I didnt want to owerdo the weathering.

Im not 100% happy with the paint job, but sometimes one needs to step back and accept the result and move on.

Some pics:
ss2s.jpg

ss3sm.jpg

ss4si.jpg

ss6s.jpg

ss7s.jpg

ss1sl.jpg

Hope you like it.

Thanks

Fantastic job.:thumbsup After reading the X-wing series of books I have always wanted to see someone make some of the "uglies" that you read about in the books.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back