Done / Completed Screen Accurate Hypo Season 2-3 Star Trek TOS

Just to let everyone know. There are no more extra vials. I will be getting more in and make those available at that time.

Just staring at the photos of the Hypo, now I realize why you are FX artist. Very well done, and dare I say the best Hypo replica I have ever seen. I will be in for an extra vial as well once those are available again. Thank You Scott.

Pics speak for themselves. Bravo.

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

Nice medical props there CessnaDriver! The Medical Scanner looks like a Dennis Stines, correct? I also see a phaser 1 in the background. Who made that shapely little piece?

Nice medical props there CessnaDriver! The Medical Scanner looks like a Dennis Stines, correct? I also see a phaser 1 in the background. Who made that shapely little piece?

Correct on the scanner. Really amazing effort.
P1 is Jlong kit built by a Trek Prop Zone member.

Hey all, Sorry. I am a professional prop builder and Halloween snuck up on me. I had to stop working on the Hypo's and switch gears ... in the last two weeks I have put out about 20 props and I am finally done with the Halloween rush. I didn't want to make the Hypos part of that and possibly put out something that wasn't perfect. Now that the rush is over I am finally getting back to the hypos... all of the first run should be shipped here in the next week or two.

Thank you all for your patience.

The second run is still in the hands of the CNC shop, so no news there yet

Hey all, Sorry. I am a professional prop builder and Halloween snuck up on me. I had to stop working on the Hypo's and switch gears ... in the last two weeks I have put out about 20 props and I am finally done with the Halloween rush. I didn't want to make the Hypos part of that and possibly put out something that wasn't perfect. Now that the rush is over I am finally getting back to the hypos... all of the first run should be shipped here in the next week or two.

Thank you all for your patience.

The second run is still in the hands of the CNC shop, so no news there yet

It is very awesome that you build props for a living, and it must be great to do what you love! :thumbsup I remember hearing that famous quote: "If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life".

Do you have a firm update for when the rest of the First Run Hypos will be completed and shipped?

Last edited:
Sorry, I have been trying to do too many things at once. I will focus on the hypos only until the entire first run is out. I thought my orders were going to drop after Halloween at least for a moment, but I was wrong. I guess of all the things to complain about that is a good thing. Thank you all for your patience on the first run.

As for an update on the second run, I am really frustrated with the new shop I am working with. They have had the order for over a month now. I was really under the initial impression that they were going to be knocked out fast. I found out 2 weeks ago that the reality of things is that small orders like ours go on the back shelf when larger money making orders come in and that we are just a filler order... THEN a week ago I found out that owner has been in and out with Diabetes issues. I am working to get a local friend of mine to physically go into the shop (the shop isn't in the same state as I am) and give us an update, but it looks like that might not happen until next week with this week being thanksgiving.

I received my hypo yesterday. It is every bit as nice as the pictures posted have shown it to be. I am very pleased to have it in my collection of Star Trek props and would recommend it to anyone looking for a high-quality hypospray reproduction. It was well worth the wait.

...and it definitely produces a nice hiss when depressed. :)

Last edited:
Okay, new update time. I heard today that the shop was waiting on their 3d artist to come in to work on some problem they ran into but he won't be in till NEXT Monday... I have been as patient as I can be with this shop... since I don't know when they will be done I have contacted China to put an order in with the shop there (they handled the first job). I know their turn around time and with their last shipment I had them in hand about 15 days after ordering them.

I want to thank everyone for their extreme patience on this. I will from now on only be using shops that can guarantee completion dates.

Finally a happy update. I just heard from my CNC shop in china... they should be done in the next couple of days and then they will be sending me pictures for review. If there are no problems that I see then they will be shipped to me. I will keep you updated!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back