Screen Used Pulse Rifle Being Fired

Aside from Jim Cameron's personal one, this is the only other "firing" PR from Aliens. The others were all converted into Alien3 rifles. This one is in the private collection of a very well known original prop collector. It was deactivated after this video to meet legal requirements and is no longer able to fire.

Is there any type of license you could obtain that would premit you to own such a fine peice of equipment in fully functional condition? Come to think of it there almost has to be but, I'm not aware of the details or anything. Anybody know for sure?

Besides any federal laws, it depends where you live. Oregon permits ownership of fully automatic weapons so long as they are registered.
Is there any type of license you could obtain that would premit you to own such a fine peice of equipment in fully functional condition? Come to think of it there almost has to be but, I'm not aware of the details or anything. Anybody know for sure?

Worth a move, I'd say. ;)

It doesn't necessarily require a move to another State there are other 100% legal ways around it if your State forbids ownership, that is if you want to invest the time and trouble (I'm getting ready to do this in the next year or so, as Illinois forbids ownership.) The only negative aspect is that the gun itself needs to reside and stay in a legal State under lock and key, a safe deposit box is perfect, or even a safe in someone else's residence as long as it's secure and only those authorized to handle the weapon have the key/combo...

Also the donor gun need to be a transferable gun registered before May 19, 1986 , they go for $15,000 on the cheap side to $30,000 for a clean one and require a $200 tax stamp... And like most Class III weapons they go up in value every year...

As far as I know, you need a Federal Tax Stamp to own fully automatic weapons. I think that also gives the government the right to search your home at will.

Like everything else, it's all about money. If you give the government enough money, they'll let you have one. And there are a lot of people who choose to do so. A lot of them show up at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in Kentucky too...

I think that also gives the government the right to search your home at will.

Not at will, that would violate the Constitution at the core... But, from what I have heard is that if a high ranking public official is going to be in your area it's not unheard of for the FBI/Secret Service to swing by and have a cup of coffee with you... But for the most part I have heard they leave you alone...

Ugh, who would allow such a priceless piece of movie history to be rendered impotent? That's like chopping the head off of the maltese falcon or replacing Indiana Jones' fedora with a trucker's cap.

Ugh, who would allow such a priceless piece of movie history to be rendered impotent? That's like chopping the head off of the maltese falcon or replacing Indiana Jones' fedora with a trucker's cap.

Someone that lives in a country where owning these kinds of weapons is illegal... Like, say, England. :cool

Is kind of a shame though... It'd be way cool to keep them in their operational state, but I do understand the annoyance with having to register them, pay fees, etc... Not for the faint-of-wallet...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back