Question Sideshow Affiliation Banner

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Just wanted to let the staff know that on several occasions when I try to access the junkyard, then the loading halts when loading the sideshow banner at the top and things just stop. There are no problems with the Prop Store banner, but the Sideshow one occasionally keeps stalling my browser.

EDIT: Art will check this out for you (see post bellow). :)

Last edited:
TMG, what OS/Browser are you using?

I sometimes get a brief delay but haven't had an all-out stop from the banners.

The banners for both of our affiliates (that help keep the site afloat!) are external links so they can change the content as they see fit. As I mentioned, this will cause a slight delay from time to time, much like when a member posts photos from another server, but they shouldn't be locking up your system! As Montagar said, we will be looking into it!

I've had this issue, too. I've had the browser completely freeze up before the sideshow banner loads.

The longest wait was 20 seconds.

I'm running Mac 10.6.2 with the latest version of Safari.

This has been an ongoing issue since you added the sideshow banner, but when we could hide that section on the homepage, it wasn't an issue. (It was still an issue in the junkyard.)

Now that we I have to have the "CLASSIFIEDS and AFFILIATES" section open to see the Junkyard on the homepage, it happens frequently.

It's almost as if everything freezes up while waiting for sideshow to deliver the banner.

Oh, yeah... the 20 second freeze... it just delivered a missing image icon when it finally loaded (or didn't load, I guess.)

I've been watching this for about a week and a 12 second wait is about average.

Oh, man. All kind of new problems with this over the last two days.

Everything from complete stalls to long load times.

Using the same AOL I've used for years without issue.

-Rylo

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back