Announcement Site Upgrade - 04/18-04/21.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
attachment.php

Well, we have tried this once before, but let's try it again! Unless catastrophy strikes, we will be performing a MAJOR overhaul to the site, starting the morning of April 18th, roughly around 7:30am Pacific. We expect the site to be OFFLINE for the entirity of April 18th and most of the 19th. If things go well, we will be back online the evening of the 19th. If things don't go well, we may be down until as late as the evening of the 21st. This will be the much anticipated move to vBulletin 4.2.0 which will include a lot of changes, but more importantly, will provide us the platform to begin a number of new initiatives we have been planning for quite some time. We have been working incredibly hard on this and while we know new is always a little uncomfortable, we hope you will really love the new look and feel of the place as well as a number of the new built in features.

I don't deal well with change. So I will just go sit over in the corner and rock myself while sobbing quietly.

Art, let us know where to send beer so we can pay you. :lol

I'm really pumped about this upgrade...plus without access to the RPF for a few days, I might finally get some work done. haha

Hope it all goes smoothly.

-Nick

Weirdly enough, I was planning on building some workbenches this week, so it looks like I have an excuse :lol

Chris

:facepalm I don't like change, and especially the withdrawals.. :lol Look forward to the new RPF.. Good luck admins, hope doesn't cause to much hassles, and we get back up in a day.. :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back