Smuggler's Choice

jockdeboer

Here she is, got a few things going on and I am not as quick as some here on the list. Will start bathing her soon. Overall looks pretty good. The hull and tunnels are rotocast. Nice and light. Pretty clean, just some flash to clean off and alot of little parts to figure out where it all goes.

This is going to be a great kit to build! Can't wait to get one. Are you going to be posting a build once you get started? You adding lights?

Jock... is this the Studio Scale Modeler Kit from Mike Tait?!! It looks pretty good! The castings look pretty clean!

Now theres a name I never wanted to hear again. :unsure

The model looks great though. Can't wait to see it built up.
What does it build up to? the 3 footer?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an original SMt and it's a fantastic kit. Wish it was a bit more accurate but on the whole, pretty awesome.

So, is this the begining of a build diary?:love

Got mine today, fairly quick shipping accross the pond. Am made up with it, hardly any flash and no bubbles. The first rotocast I have had and is very clean.

I'm currently in the middle of a house extension but that should be finished in about 3 weeks. Then I get my new build room! I have kits lining up now but This will probably jump the V3 to get built. :)

I do not want to hijack this thread but thought it would be a good idea to post some pictures showing both the MR Falcon and Mike Tait's SMT recast / repop / interpretation.

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

You will find more comparison shots at: http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/yy62/Fulk_Nerra/

Hope this is of some help for those interested...

Cheers!
Falk

Last edited:
since he did pay for the masters, should'nt we be calling it a repop instead of recast? I know the man has a bad reputaion with allot of people, but he was legit with the smuggler's choice.

Hi Paul,

I used "recast" in terms of "cast again" (as in the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language) and without valuation.

I edited it anyway...

since he did pay for the masters, should'nt we be calling it a repop instead of recast? I know the man has a bad reputaion with allot of people, but he was legit with the smuggler's choice.

I have to agree with Qrest. The vague use of that term is not ligtly thrown around. I have heard some good things about the kit. I only whish I had been able to get one.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back