So I've got this wee Jetpack to finish..

Mottrex

Sr Member
Gone bought myself a ESB Fett jetpack to build.

My question is I've not sanded or bonded PLA of any kind before and don't want it falling apart.. Is there a good/bad way I should be looking at or avoiding ?
The print lines are minimal but what's best, it's printed in white and orange so would it be easier to spray it in grey primer before tackling a smooth finish..

Any help or pointers would be great!

It might be worth trying some uv resin smoothing. I used the technique on one of my bracers and it worked really well to smooth out those lines. Otherwise it's just a lot of sanding, filler primer, and spot filler.

It might be worth trying some uv resin smoothing. I used the technique on one of my bracers and it worked really well to smooth out those lines. Otherwise it's just a lot of sanding, filler primer, and spot filler.
I've got a UV nail bar that the bottom slides off so will give it a go on smaller pieces, thank you for the advice...

Sure thing! Would love to see progress pictures.
As it stands...
A box of plastic parts

1000032196.jpg

I have offered the main four print units together and they match almost flush so once I have decided on what adhesive or glue It might need some p40/bondo to smooth out any gaps..
I'm still deciding researching whats going to give the best bond and also time to position each piece together as best as possible.

What I liked with this kit was the fins on the rocket tip can be open or closed.
There will be some level of electronics in all the usual places.
I do need to work out the ESB slotted vent as this print didn't have the recess but I will make one then fabricate or buy the correct insert..

I'm not in a rush but in a rush to make this and feel it's going to be a lot of fun!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back