So who's going to bid on Dredd props

Well if whoever is going to make boots cuts me a deal on making the opposite one I would be happy to provide it to them...Im the antimatter to Matt Munson.

Thanks Tardis. I'll keep that in mind! (I might be involved with making the boots - at least the boot alteration and customization part, not the hardware fabrication).
Are you on the Dragon Con Dredd fb group where most of the costume sourcing and replication discussion has been happening?
Part of the issue right now is finding the perfect base boot to work off of since that will be cheaper than having them custom-made from scratch. Finding out exactly how tall that female boot is could help in the search.

To be honest I think it has the manufacturer name on base.

It's not all custom... I don't believe that for a second.

Once we know the brand we have it.

All that's on the sole of the boot I saw was a two letter logo and 'oil and liquid proof' in German.

Maybe not. Shoe soles often have a manufacturers name on them (like Vibram) but that is just the sole's manufacturer, it has nothing to do with the boot. Theatrical Shoemakers in the UK did the boots, and theirs are usually full custom (though sometimes based on an existing brand).

Well lets not forget this was a cheaper movie to make. It's just the deeper you go sometimes its interesting how things turn out

The dredd boots on my 95 for instance were 1994 sidi motircycle boots with gold tape added.

Well I almost got to bid on a slo mo inhaler before it tripled in price at the last 3 seconds.

Insane prices on this auction. Least the movie had a lotta fans.
Chris

Well lets not forget this was a cheaper movie to make. It's just the deeper you go sometimes its interesting how things turn out

The dredd boots on my 95 for instance were 1994 sidi motircycle boots with gold tape added.

They probably had to cut corners after paying huge fees like Stallone's $14 million to play the part.

A member of the Dredd costume facebook page has made some enquiries about getting new boots from Theatrical Shoemakers, who made the originals:

Guys, I guess I'll be handling the boot situation if that's okay. The original company that made the boots for the film can make us the BASE boot only. No armor or extras added. This is the interest list only so I can guage how many to tell the boot company we may have. Feel free to add yourself. I have no prices yet until Monday. I will ask if they will add the suede pieces to the boot.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/DreddCostumeGroup.DragonCon2013/doc/446400975428150/

Personally, I am saddened they don't have that one dudes wig.

From the scene with the phone booth, he was the first guy to pop out and shoot.

That was an awesome wig.

Chris

Personally, I am saddened they don't have that one dudes wig.

From the scene with the phone booth, he was the first guy to pop out and shoot.

That was an awesome wig.

Chris

Haha, finally got around to watching Dredd last night and as great as it was, that was the one thing that stuck with me the most. Right up there with the guy in the bad wig in Drive Angry.
I wish more films would utilize the bad wig department.
Think how much more accepted Prometheus would be if Janek had that wig.

:lol

I typed "Dredd wig guy" into google images, and damned if he isn't one of the top results.

oVeWA6Ol.jpg

I'd have paid many of dollars for that wig guys. Potentially it could have went for more than a lawgiver or even Dredd's armor.

Chris

Just received my item! Chuffed to bits with it to be honest.

Also, bonus score of some delightfully worn socks that I was unaware of. I haven't dared look inside the trousers yet, just in case...

I've been trying on a few of the auctions but they seem to skyrocket in the last few seconds. Ebay can be so frustration sometimes.

Last item I am interested in ends tonight so fingers crossed.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back