Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit Build

BMWN

This is the first update on my Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit build. This is my first time making a suit so any feedback/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Here is what i have so far:

20170616_113428.jpg I found a jacket at Goodwill for a few dollars and cut the sleeves off.

I stated by looking online for a template for cutting the fabric, the one that I used can be found here ( http://dali-lomo.blogspot.com/2014/04/spiderman-mask-diy-fabric-no-sewing-all.html )
20170616_113523.jpg
^^^This is what my pattern looks like when adjusted to fit me
I got my fabric from Joann's, it is the right color, and is thin enough that it isn't too hot. After cutting it out and sewing it, it looks like this.
20170616_113422.jpg
I designed the goggles in SolidWorks, each one consists of four parts, the front cover, the main body, and two disks that fit in-between
20170616_113605.jpg20170616_113615.jpg20170616_113627.jpg20170616_113638.jpg
^dont know why two of the photos are rotated :/

I'll post more once I print the goggles.

Attachments

• Spider-Man-Homecoming-Hot-Toys-Homemade-Suit-Version-Figure-and-Accessories.jpg
    Spider-Man-Homecoming-Hot-Toys-Homemade-Suit-Version-Figure-and-Accessories.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:
Question for the people who know about this kind of thing:

How should I close the back of the mask?
View attachment 736831

I would suggest stitching in a zipper? For a majority of spiderman masks, the masks are designed without a back opening because a majority of masks are made with stretchier material, but for this, because of the material restrictions I would say a zipper or Velcro lining is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back